News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Changed my fork oil today

Started by BigMark, August 07, 2010, 03:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMark

The leftside looked completely knackered like a Defender 90 oil change the right side looked fine!

I am not too concerned but thought i should throw it out there in case there is a fault that could cause this?

tett

Not sure about the disperaty between the two sides.  Perhaps the one side was contaminated when filled.

How easy was it to change the oil?  Did you remove the forks?

Cheers

tett

Quote from: "BigMark"The leftside looked completely knackered like a Defender 90 oil change the right side looked fine!

I am not too concerned but thought i should throw it out there in case there is a fault that could cause this?
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

NKL

Mark, Just did mine today and guess what one leg has red oil the other has browny grey (not discoloured red) Also checked the levels and they were different. I bought mine before its 12000 service and didn't bother changing it at that service but can't beleive it left the factory like it.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100