News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

No longer looking for LED indicators for 955 Girly

Started by Tigertriple, March 20, 2011, 04:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Hi,
Does anyone know of any LED indicator conversions that are available to either replace the existing indicators or use the existing lamp bodies  :?:

I have had no luck on finding any info. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

outrunner

I don't know of anyone selling them either but Coolhand Luke on the Steamers section is an electrical guru and I am sure he can sort you out with wiring diagrams etc so you can do it yourself.  :)

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Tigertriple

Quote from: "outrunner"I don't know of anyone selling them either but Coolhand Luke on the Steamers section is an electrical guru and I am sure he can sort you out with wiring diagrams etc so you can do it yourself.  :)

Andy.

Thanks Andy I will contact him and see if he can help.

Cheers

CoolHandLuke

Hi Tigertriple.

I had lots of disappointment trying to find bright LED bulbs - to the point that I created my own rear LED light cluster.

Rear Led Light Cluster

Nippy Normans do some really nice LED indicator panels that replace the stock bulb and fittings.  They are a damn site brighter than 98% of the other LED alternatives out there and probably brighter than the stock filament bulbs - its been so long since I have seen the stock bulbs, I can't remember :)

They are a tad expensive, OK, a lot expensive, but they seem to be worth it.  They come fitted, as standard, with a load resistor so that they will work with the OEM flash controller.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"Hi Tigertriple.

I had lots of disappointment trying to find bright LED bulbs - to the point that I created my own rear LED light cluster.

Rear Led Light Cluster

Nippy Normans do some really nice LED indicator panels that replace the stock bulb and fittings.  They are a damn site brighter than 98% of the other LED alternatives out there and probably brighter than the stock filament bulbs - its been so long since I have seen the stock bulbs, I can't remember :)

They are a tad expensive, OK, a lot expensive, but they seem to be worth it.  They come fitted, as standard, with a load resistor so that they will work with the OEM flash controller.

Thanks Cool Hand Luke,

I will check out Nippy Normans website. I have bought a few bits and bobs from him recently.

Cheers

TigerTrax

In the GIRLIES  section... look for LED lights...
there is a whole discussion.

There are p/n for bulbs & flasher that should help you.

I have learned that alot of the 'experts' selling this stuff
are very weak referencing flasher units... mine did not work..
I still have that bridge to cross.

Want my opinion.... leave stock until you find someone that
will guarantee the flasher will work.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

CoolHandLuke

I can vouch for the ones being sold by Nippy Norman in the link above.  I have been using them for around 2 years without hassle and even fabricated my own changes :)

Tigertriple

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"I can vouch for the ones being sold by Nippy Norman in the link above.  I have been using them for around 2 years without hassle and even fabricated my own changes :)

I have now bought 2 pairs of brand new  Motrax black aluminium Allycators of eBay for £10.00 a pair. Motrax have gone bust so there are some good deals on their stuff. I will buy a relay from Triumph online and fit them in the next week or so. The retail price for the indicators is £49.00 a pair, so for £20.00  for all four I think this is a good deal.

I phoned Nippy Normans, but the guy I spoke to was of no help. Thanks to everyone for the help and advise. I'll post an update when I have fitted them.

Tigertriple

Motrax LEDs arrived today. Also the relay from Triumph-online (Squaredeals) arrived.

Indicators are quite good, however the relay is a pile of shit. Yet another load of useless crap from Squaredeals. I gave them a call as the relay would not work these indicators. The response I got was " we have had a few people telling us that it won't work with Motrax LEDs". Well what f***ing use is that to me?

The blurb on Squaredeals website states that it works with all LED and regular bulbs. No mention of not  being suitable for Motrax units.

A complete waste of £18.00 as they do not take electrical items back if they have been fitted. How else would I find out that it does not work? I will not use them again as I have had problems with items I have bought from
them in the past. He had the nerve to slag of Motrax, at least the indicators
work unlike the relay!

I hope no one else gets caught out with this crap relay.

Back to the drawing board and a rub down with an oily rag!! :x  :x

Tigertriple

Squaredeals have now accepted the return of the relay. I have now given up on the LED indicator mod as it's more trouble than it's worth.

TigerTrax

attn: Tigertriple - Scotland....

That's the trouble with we Scots... we get pissed off so easily.....
 sit back, relax.

I have a '06 Tiger and just completed the LED conversion. I finally got the turn signals to work properly. It was my own Scot impatience that led me to 'stop thinking' and just do!

Go UP the message forum and read what I purchased and then at the end read how I solved the problem with turn signals.  I think it's LED lights by TigerTrax.

You have a Steamer. You MAY have different flasher ( I doubt it ). But everything I purchased works.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "TigerTrax"attn: Tigertriple - Scotland....

That's the trouble with we Scots... we get pissed off so easily.....
 sit back, relax.

I have a '06 Tiger and just completed the LED conversion. I finally got the turn signals to work properly. It was my own Scot impatience that led me to 'stop thinking' and just do!

Go UP the message forum and read what I purchased and then at the end read how I solved the problem with turn signals.  I think it's LED lights by TigerTrax.

You have a Steamer. You MAY have different flasher ( I doubt it ). But everything I purchased works.

Hi TigerTrax,

Yes we Scots are an impatient breed  

Thanks for the info. I have checked out your post and it all know seems straight forward. Since I originally posted my help request, I have now fitted a set of Sprint ST indicators. Not as bright as LED's but in my opinion they look a lot better than the standard Tiger lamps.  

If you have a look in my post in the show us your bike section "My 06 Girly " you can check them out. I may get round to LED's again at some point so thanks for your help.   :D

TigerTrax

My Apologies....

I was trhinking '96  instead of '06...

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "Tigertriple"I phoned Nippy Normans, but the guy I spoke to was of no help. Thanks to everyone for the help and advise. I'll post an update when I have fitted them.
I have just seen this.

What were they no help with?

The LEDs do not require a relay change as they include a load resistor on the back of each LED cluster (if that helps).

Tigertriple

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"
Quote from: "Tigertriple"I phoned Nippy Normans, but the guy I spoke to was of no help. Thanks to everyone for the help and advise. I'll post an update when I have fitted them.
I have just seen this.

What were they no help with?

The LEDs do not require a relay change as they include a load resistor on the back of each LED cluster (if that helps).

The guy I spoke to said that they do not supply any LED's that are suitable for Triumph bikes even though it shows Triumph indicators on their website.