News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"oh, so a meet comes with conditions does it ? bloody snob  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

If its cold or wet, i`ll be in my truck  :)

rybes

bloody hell, it gets worse  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Got my calipers stripped ready for a clean up, and a coat of paint.

Sin_Tiger

Just when you think it can't get any worse, he teases you with the callipers you're chasing :shock:  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Just when you think it can't get any worse, he teases you with the callipers you're chasing :shock:  :ImaPoser

Naah, these are the normal 4 pot Trophy calipers, Rybes wants the rarer 6 pot ones  :lol:

TigerTastic

Hey rf I hope your pistons are in better condition than the ones I took off mine last night!!! Previous owner told me he'd changed the brake pads - he's obviously squeezed the pistons back in with something big and ugly :?

I'm giving these guys a try as I have the seal kit already and only need pistons (which they sell individually - pattern parts):

http://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/www.triu ... fo.php?p=1

I say 'only' need the pistons - the brake pad pin cover screws were missing as was one of the pad springs and I'm going to replace the banjo bolts and washers while I'm at it.
Steamer in Black, totally standard.
ZZR1400 in Black, remapped at Hilltop.

Sin_Tiger

:shock:  :evil:

No compromise with brakes :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TigerTastic

Hey Sin

I've used pattern pistons previously with no issues but I do take your point  :)

NeilD

'kin 'ell how did they manage that!!  :shock:

TigerTastic

I'd like to just say 'brute force and ignorance' but I can't do it without f***ing swearing  :D

rf9rider

Thankfully, my pistons are in pretty good shape, just gonna give them a polish when i get around to rebuilding the calipers.
Yours look a bit ropey  :shock:

I`ve got a good complete front brake set up to sell shortly if you need them, let me know, or i might have told you already  :lol:

TigerTastic

I may be after them if I find he managed to stuff the calipers too when he did that to the pistons! Any idea how much you'd want for them?

rf9rider

Quote from: "TigerTastic"I may be after them if I find he managed to stuff the calipers too when he did that to the pistons! Any idea how much you'd want for them?

I`ll PM you  :)

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "rf9rider".....Yours look a bit ropey  :shock:

A masterful piece of understatement sir!  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Postman finally delivered all the bits for the front calipers, new pads, seals, red rubber grease and some stainless pad pins.