News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

motd by the end of the week too  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"motd by the end of the week too  :wink:

I wish..... :lol:
Might be end of next week though if my parts arrive

rf9rider

Carbs are off, all nice and clean, they weren`t too bad inside.
One of the carb tops has a crack in it, so will be visiting my local breaker to see if he has a spare.

rf9rider

Just collected exhaust brackets, just got to drill the mounting holes and take them back and have the spacers welded on.

rybes

you have a local breaker ? where is it ?

get off ya pc n go drill the holes n get em welded back on. post up a pic of the brakets when there done wont ya  :D

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"you have a local breaker ? where is it ?

get off ya pc n go drill the holes n get em welded back on. post up a pic of the brakets when there done wont ya  :D

Not a breaker as such, but there`s a shop called Bikes`nTrikes keep a lot of secondhand spares, i always buy my oils and stuff from there, and they do all my bike MOT`s.

I`ll take a few pics, as always!

rf9rider

Carbs stripped,  cleaned and almost back together, just looking for another carb top as one is cracked where the little o ring is seated.

rf9rider

After fitting the Venom cans, i couldn`t fit them to the frame with the supplied spacers as lifting the end cans was causing the link pipes to catch on the rear footrests.
So i had some brackets cut out of 3mm ally, roughly the shape i wanted.
Drilled the mounting holes, and problem solved.
Another big thank you to Bixer Bob who made the spacers for me.
To finish the job, i`m re shaping the brackets, having the spacers welded to the brackets and then powdercoated black, along with a few other things.  :D

rybes

havin looked at mine now for over a year, your exhausts look wrong to me  :lol: are ya gunna be takin it to a rollin road to get it jetted right when its done ?

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"havin looked at mine now for over a year, your exhausts look wrong to me  :lol: are ya gunna be takin it to a rollin road to get it jetted right when its done ?

What do you mean they look wrong?

Although i must admit, other Tigers i`ve seen on here with the Venoms, they look like they have fitted straight to the frame, maybe my link pipes are different, as i have struggled to get them to line up so they look the same each side, they came fitted to the bike, it ran great before i started work on it, when i stripped and cleaned the carbs, jets were standard size, so i`ll leave it for now, see how it runs over the summer.

Sin_Tiger

I thought I'd won a watch buying a set off Motad from the fleebay shop. Carted them out to Singaore, got the bike back together, tried to fit them and found they stuck put way past the number plate  :(  major fail as it's too late to send them back. Must make the effort to contact them and find out what they actually are, not what they were advertised as that's for sure :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NeilD

yes I was never happy with the way they fitted on mine.. they came off and went back into the box at one point ready to be sent back  :) ended up with a longer bolt and packing them out with spacers to get them anywhere near ok, RF9's solution looks a lot neater  :)  8)

rf9rider

Not just mine then!
Looking closer at mine, i`ve noticed the link pipes are not the same as each other, one has a slight kink in it, presumably to miss the swing arm, the other is straight?
The hanger bracket bolts fitted into an extra threaded lug on the rack that was fitted, now i`ve fitted the Givi, i had to make the bracket.
I`m thinking of swapping them over to Steamer number 1, and using the original end cans off that, until i get the 3-1 sorted  :lol:

rybes

Quote from: "rf9rider"
Quote from: "rybes"havin looked at mine now for over a year, your exhausts look wrong to me  :lol: are ya gunna be takin it to a rollin road to get it jetted right when its done ?

What do you mean they look wrong?

only reason i said that mate is cos im used to seein how mine fit my bike. same kinda thing if tescos changed the red n blue of their signs to orange and yella. itd jus look odd cos ya used to red n blue ;)
i had probs with mine too and done the same as neil did. never thought of lowerin em down like you done. my link pipes are differnt each side too. i guessed like you it was jus to help clearance issues. if ya want, i could bring mine over one day so ya could see how it goes on mine ?

rf9rider

Thanks for the offer Rybes, i`ll keep ya posted, though i should be able to jiggle the downpipes to get them lined up  :lol: