News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Postman has been, pics later as always  :lol:

rf9rider

Venhill front brake lines and stainless fittings arrived.
These are better, in my opinion, than the Goodridge as they have bolt on fittings, so the cable can be routed better with no twisting.

rf9rider

Bought another new fuel tap, delivered from the USA in 5 days!
Better than our own postal system  :lol:

Just a reminder, part number YAMAHA  2GU-24500-02

rf9rider

I bought another Acerbis Teknic front fender, the other one was a bit scratched and has a few too many mounting holes where i`ve had to re-fit it a couple of times  :lol:

rf9rider

I`m like a kid at Christmas, couldn`t wait to get the lines on  :lol:
Front brakes are sorted. just need bleeding, a job for the weekend.

rybes

o they look nice. im still not jealous tho  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

BruKen

That bike is looking real good. I like where you are going with it  :new_popcornsmiley  :occasion14

rf9rider

Cheers Bruken.
Nearly done as much as i can, just the paintjob to sort out on the spare bodywork.
Doing this has given me a few more ideas as to what i want on the next one i do  :lol:
Thats going to be a complete rebuild from the bare frame up, as i still have a spare frame and a few bits and pieces to start off with.

Sin_Tiger

The next one  :shock:  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Tell you what, you refurb the Steamer, I'll refurb the locks and we'll split the profit 50 / 50 eh?l :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Tell you what, you refurb the Steamer, I'll refurb the locks and we'll split the profit 50 / 50 eh?l :lol:

Looking at keyless ignition for the next one  :P

rf9rider

Fiddled about lining up the exhaust cans today, finally done although two of the clamps broke, so new ones ordered.

Fitted the new fuel tap, no more leaks.

Got the mounting brackets re-shaped, off to the welders in the week, then a box of bits to get powdercoated.

Big thanks to Bruken, who sent me a carb top, arrived this morning, cheers mate :D

One of the carb diaphragms won`t reseat into the groove, it`s either stretched somehow, or was the wrong one, never seen anything like that before, so ordered a new one.

Carb to engine rubbers are badly cracked, so new ones on order, surprised how well it ran before i started work on it!

So, awaiting parts again  :lol:

rf9rider

Progressing slowly  :lol:

Spacers welded onto the exhaust hanger brackets, need a clean up and off to the powdercoaters next week.

rybes

Quote from: "rf9rider"One of the carb diaphragms won`t reseat into the groove, it`s either stretched somehow, or was the wrong one, never seen anything like that before, so ordered a new one.

Carb to engine rubbers are badly cracked, so new ones on order, surprised how well it ran before i started work on it!

So, awaiting parts again  :lol:

waitin for parts is the worse bit. i swear that takes longer than the actual build  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"waitin for parts is the worse bit. i swear that takes longer than the actual build  :lol:

Yup, seems every time i start a new job, i end up needing parts  :lol:

And the postmans been this morning, everything here to carry on over the weekend, so hopefully get the carbs finished and fitted.

Then it`s waiting for stuff from the powdercoaters  :roll: