News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

And finally for today, fitted the rear sidepanels as i was sorting out the bodywork.
Slowly coming together  :lol:

rf9rider

Tanks done, no leaks  :D

Just got to fit the rest of bodywork to make sure it all lines up and fits then off for the new paint.

TigerTastic

Quote from: "rf9rider"
Quote from: "TigerTastic"And a very grateful Phil he is too! Thanks for those mate, much appreciated. The bike's looking sweet, even better in real life than in the pics.

Thanks, got your brakes sorted yet?

Hey RF - got the brakes fitted a couple of weeks ago, all working fine thanks. Best and quickest way to sort out brakes I ever found!!!!

Bike up for sale now though - will advertise it on here as well as usual places. I have a hankering for a cruiser - must be an age thing!!

Phil
Steamer in Black, totally standard.
ZZR1400 in Black, remapped at Hilltop.

rf9rider

Quote from: "TigerTastic"
Quote from: "rf9rider"
Quote from: "TigerTastic"And a very grateful Phil he is too! Thanks for those mate, much appreciated. The bike's looking sweet, even better in real life than in the pics.

Thanks, got your brakes sorted yet?

Hey RF - got the brakes fitted a couple of weeks ago, all working fine thanks. Best and quickest way to sort out brakes I ever found!!!!

Bike up for sale now though - will advertise it on here as well as usual places. I have a hankering for a cruiser - must be an age thing!!

Phil

Saw your ad, sent you a PM  8)

rf9rider

A little more done today.
Got all the panels on, holes line up, so ready for the paint job, just need a little more cash  :lol:

Front end is now finished, fitted the new Acerbis fender, think i`m leaving that, as it will match the new paint  8)

rf9rider

And i went for a drive today to see Tigertastic, who i did a deal with before he sold his Tiger.

Been looking for a year or so for some to come up for sale.

Never got a cup of tea, but came away with these................ :lol:

Cheers Phil  :D

BruKen

That looks awesome. What colours you going to do her in? I've just about finished a paint job of my own in pearlescense white.... never again. White is a right bastid to work with.

rf9rider

Quote from: "BruKen"That looks awesome. What colours you going to do her in? I've just about finished a paint job of my own in pearlescense white.... never again. White is a right bastid to work with.

Errrr.......................................white!  :lol:

Don`t fancy painting mine then?  :)

I did paint my last bike white, rattle can job, came out alright, what`s the problem with the white?

BruKen

A pure white is not so exciting so it needs a slight tint or in my case pearlescence. But its very susceptible to hue changes. Mix the paint once and enough for the whole job. That goes for any pearlescence coat too. The problem begins when working the coat. Even flatting with water paper can dye the white with blue stains. Masking tape stains. News paper ink blanking stains, finger prints. You name it, the moment you spray, everything is a contaminant. Then comes the clear coat. Every spec of dust or fibre caught in the spray when laying it down becomes painfully obvious against the white basecoat. Any imperfection in your prep is highlighted with white. IMO, its the hardest colour I have ever worked with. I finished mine today

You going to use a rattlecan? You are brave. If you remove the decals and flatt the surface, yes I will paint yours. It will take me a couple weeks though, longer if you require multiple colours. The paint is pricey though and will cost about 100 quid for a primer, two colour coats and a clear coat half litre each.

rf9rider

No, not using rattle cans on this one, i did my Thunderace with them.
Only kidding about the paintjob, got someone in mind for that, thanks for the offer though.  :)

Sin_Tiger

Spoke to the sandbag last night, packing up the seat today, the plastics just arrived and she sent my Roadie in for it's MoT. Shes great lass  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Thanks Niall, will let you know when the seat arrives  :)

rf9rider

Givi rails have been powder coated, so fitted them on tonight.

rf9rider

Made a start on sorting some wiring to fit a voltmeter in place of the clock.
Found the wires i need to tap in to, more to follow............... :lol:

97tiger885

Quote from: "NeilD"I presume its got less reserve...

I did this replacement not too long ago.  You have significantly less reserve.   On mine, I have maybe 12 miles on reserve at 35mpg.  And that is running on fumes downhill with a tailwind.  At some point I am going to extend the main pipe to increase the reserve.