News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Which Scottoiler?

Started by BigDan, January 17, 2012, 02:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDan

Hi all, looking to invest in a scottoiler as I always forget to lube my chain and it ends up doing 800 miles without being lubed :/ I usually check the tension, but always forget to lube it up (giggity)

So does anyone here know much about them? Not sure to go electric or not e.t.c.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Bixxer Bob

Most common is the 'touring' kit which fits behind your rear numberplate. Long time between fill-ups.

Don't waste money on the twin nib adapter, build your own.   I'll show how later when I have a bit more time.

Maybe this should be in the general bikes forum as it's not Girl specific?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Most common is the 'touring' kit which fits behind your rear numberplate. Long time between fill-ups.

Don't waste money on the twin nib adapter, build your own.   I'll show how later when I have a bit more time.

Maybe this should be in the general bikes forum as it's not Girl specific?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

I quite fancy giving the electric one a try asI find the vac one losses it's prime if I don't ride the bike for a while, OK   I know there's a simple solution to that :roll:

Interested in the diy twin nib, especially if it helps prevent the nibs falling out.

Those tablets are giving you a bit of a stutter Bob  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

daveb

I got the V-system with a touring res. I then fitted LED lights as I thought the number plate would be too far back, apparently it is ok, but i guess it depends on the MOT tester.

led's fitted

HockleyBoy

I have the touring scottoiler on mine, seems to work well (chains last) but like all chain oilers makes a bit of a mess. Haven't put any additional lights on and havent had a problem at any MOT.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

daveb

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"I have the touring scottoiler on mine, seems to work well (chains last) but like all chain oilers makes a bit of a mess. Haven't put any additional lights on and havent had a problem at any MOT.

yep they told me the same thing after i fitted the lights.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "daveb"
Quote from: "HockleyBoy"I have the touring scottoiler on mine, seems to work well (chains last) but like all chain oilers makes a bit of a mess. Haven't put any additional lights on and havent had a problem at any MOT.

yep they told me the same thing after i fitted the lights.

Its always after you do the work you find out!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

BigDan

Cheers for the replies guys, although more specifically I was looking to know whether I should get the V-system (vacuumed controlled) and the E-system (electric).

If my Tiger doesn't have carbs, can I still have a V-system?

Mustang

yes vaccuum will work on efi also

daveb

i memory servs me correct you need to order the tiger adaptor from scottoiler.

I will have a check

ps the V-system works well on my 955i

think this is it

http://www.scottoiler.com/uk/Spares-Ada ... e.tpl.html

Scottoiler triumph t-piece, almost centre of image

Timbox2

Quote from: "BigDan"Cheers for the replies guys, although more specifically I was looking to know whether I should get the V-system (vacuumed controlled) and the E-system (electric).

If my Tiger doesn't have carbs, can I still have a V-system?

Yes, but be careful, scottoiler installs have a history of causing issues on Tigers, from dodgy running to stuck open throttles, not saying you shouldnt install, but be very methodic and check everything twice before putting the airbox and tank back on.
2016 Tiger Sport

BigDan

Ooh ekk :/ Thats the last thing I need. Might consider the eSystem then!

Cheers for the heads up.

daveb

if you look at my photo you can see I cable tied it to an electrical harness, no problems think its been on the bike for almost 2 yrs now

HockleyBoy

Mines the V system and has been on my 05 since new with no problems.