News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

choices, choices....

Started by rybes, March 11, 2014, 10:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

The desert one was done by a guy who posted on here in it's earlier guise. If I remember how he converted it and what he used was in his posts, maybe a search would find it? Was it Patrick?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rybes

cheers for that john. ill have a look for more posts of his when i have time. after liking that one im thinkin some kind of desert camoflague as i do seem to own a lot of desert camo clothin, thought it might be the way to go  :icon_lol: so im thinkin summink like this..
i was goin to paint a bike like this once too only problem with this one is, if its parked near buildins from a distance it will dissaper cant find the pic of the tank from a distance tho to show ya. could cause some problems  :icon_lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Geoff W

A Tiger tank paint job is not a bad idea. However urban camouflage like the Chieftain tank below is probably not a good idea in an urban area for obvious reasons. I think that is what they used in West Berlin back in the Cold War days.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

ssevy

Supposedly they had radar absorbing paint on the vehicles in Operation Desert Storm. Now that would be the ticket!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Guys, you are confusing two completely different topics.  We'll leave the radar absorbing subject aside for obvious reasons; the infra-red-reflective (green, sand, or black) does what it says on the tin.  Won't have any effect on GATSO as they use microwaves, but put an IR laser on it and it'll light up like a HID  :bug_eye
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

There's only one thing for it then Rybes, a Tony Blair mask  :bug_eye
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

:icon_lol: sin. i was thinkin of gettin a diplomat plate for those situations. problem solved  :bad
as for the camo, why havnt i searched for a tiger tank ? looks like i know what ill be doin this evenin  :wheel

coachgeo

Quote from: Sin_Tiger link=topic=13412.msg99195#msg99..../quote]  There is another option too.

http://www.wrappedworld.com/vinyl-vs-plastidip-the-pros-and-cons/
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

rybes

well, i sent me painter this pic of a tiger tank to see what he can come up with

hes just sent me these

im thinkin the second one but with the standard triumph logos on it ?

nickjtc

I like the second one too. And with the correct logos.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

GavD

Definitely the second one. Looks awesome, strap a couple ammo boxes on as panniers and away ya go!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Montydog

Second one deffo ... Looks fab

95tiger

Quote from: GavD on March 26, 2014, 07:47:34 PM
Definitely the second one. Looks awesome, strap a couple ammo boxes on as panniers and away ya go!
dont forget the pamela anderson rocket launchers either .  :kboom