News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

choices, choices....

Started by rybes, March 11, 2014, 10:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

Quote from: GavD on March 26, 2014, 07:47:34 PM
Definitely the second one. Looks awesome, strap a couple ammo boxes on as panniers and away ya go!

hmmmm  :icon_scratch:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

GavD

Quote from: 95tiger on March 26, 2014, 07:58:06 PM
Definitely the second one. Looks awesome, strap a couple ammo boxes on as panniers and away ya go!
dont forget the pamela anderson rocket launchers either .  :kboom

Pamelas rockets .................. brings back mammaries ............................
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rybes

nickjtc

Quote from: rybes on March 26, 2014, 08:32:19 PM
nice headlights  :bad

I hear they've been reduced back to incandescents after being high-intensity for the longest time.  :icon_lol:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Sin_Tiger

This is getting silly. ........I like it  :icon_mrgreen:

I like the second option too.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

97tiger885

Quote from: rybes on March 26, 2014, 08:02:02 PM

hmmmm  :icon_scratch:

Consult Mustang on that.  Ammo boxes are heavy.  I ran a metal box as a top case on a Givi WingRack II system.

I took it off after a mount broke.

Geoff W

Second picture is excellent. I like the steel towing cables on the side panels, nice touch.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

rybes

Quote from: 97tiger885 on March 26, 2014, 11:00:12 PM

Consult Mustang on that.  Ammo boxes are heavy.  I ran a metal box as a top case on a Givi WingRack II system.

good point. i wonder if you can get fiberglass copies ? if not i know someone who does fiberglassin might ask him. Gav, you just caused me a headache  :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

Why go to the trouble of mocking up Rybes?  If you go to any chandlers they have a fantastic selection of ropes, wires etc for use in the sailing world.  They can make up the lengths you need, in the rope/wire of your choice with loops on the end and swaged collars so they look the part.  Bonus is you could actually use them if you ever needed to.  If you struggle with clamps to hold them in place we could make some up out of ally or something.

this is the sort of thing:  http://www.mailspeedmarine.com/rope/liros/anchor-warps-3-strand-with-hard-eye-15178-1518179.bhtml

Bear in mind that price is for 30 metres so you can work on about £4 a metre, made up.

Of course then you'll have to find a place for the folding spade etc etc
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

GavD

Gav, you just caused me a headache  :icon_lol:

Sorry  :augie
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

nickjtc

The really nice thing is that there is enough of a 'canvas' on a Steamer to be able to use your imagination to your hearts desire.

rybes

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on March 27, 2014, 11:24:06 AM
Why go to the trouble of mocking up Rybes?
Of course then you'll have to find a place for the folding spade etc etc

not so much the ropes bob more ammo boxes for panniers like 97 tiger said there heavy so i wondered if fiberglass would be a better option. as for the foldin spade, i spose itd come in handy for disposin of speed camera operators ahem  :bad

Sin_Tiger

Maybe some old alloy boxes tarted up to look like ammo boxes would keep your weight down and some kevlar rope that you can get in a few colours.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

nickjtc

Craven's panniers look something like ammo boxes, and being fibreglass are a lot lighter.

http://www.cravens.org.uk/catalogue.pdf

Sin_Tiger

Good grief, I didn't know those were still being manufactured. Pardon me while I get the Dominator 99 warmed up and wax my moustache.