News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

YAPI - noobie

Started by BruKen, March 23, 2010, 11:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

hope you dont have to buy caliper pistons too  :D

BruKen

You guys are enjoying this aren't you!?

LoL

JetdocX

Triumph wants $450 for the entire caliper.   :shock:
From parts unknown.

BruKen

Quote from: "JetdocX"Triumph wants $450 for the entire caliper.   :shock:

Ok you can stop now. Seriously, I am getting depressed. :shock:

Mustang

unless you want a left front and then for some odd reason it is $540 for the left front  WTF :icon_scratch

BruKen

Oh bollox. Guess what.

So ..... Anybody interested in an engine?

rf9rider

Quote from: "BruKen"Oh bollox. Guess what.

So ..... Anybody interested in an engine?

Frame no good?

Sin_Tiger

Give the guy a break  :roll:

I'll have the engine please  :lol:

Seriously, have a nosey around for non OEM Nissin parts, my local mech. is a star at coming up with original parts cheaper than from standard sources. No idea what a seal set cost but I'll bet he managed to get them cheaper than that. I'll have a word with him during the week and see if I can get the gen on where they came from.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

BruKen

Ta Sin. I was being flippant about the engine, tho the price of parts is discouraging when you consider that just to replace the brake systems would basically exceed the resale value of the bike.

Sin_Tiger

:roll:  Tell me about it, my invoice from JL ran well into 4 figures  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NeilD

non-OEM piston and seal kits work out at 35 per caliper from here....
http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/brake-c ... -467-c.asp

Nick Calne

There are a couple of cheapish calipers on Ebay at the moment if the problem is more extensive.

If you're going run a steamer you need to be determined, resourceful and resillient.  Or have a large disposable income.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang

Well one that came from the darkest , dampest , depths of the shire is going to need lots of love .........................

I wonder what the internal bits of the clocks are like ...................

Have you cracked the forks open yet to see what kind of evil lives inside  yet ?

If your calipers are not internally pitted on the pistons you should be able to blow compressed air into the brake line hole and both pistons should pop right out easy .............hell you might not even need seals

NeilD

Quote from: "nickcalne"If you're going run a steamer you need to be determined, resourceful and resillient.  .

yes I should've remembered that from the first tiem I owned one!!  :D

Sin_Tiger

Had a word with my mech. last night, couldn't remember part no.s but Honda/Nissin outer piston seals from a 200cc Phantom and inner seals from a NSR 150 SP1 will fit and the rears he thinks were also Phantom. Not sure if those models were available in the UK or US but it's an indication if you are resourceful, indicative cost was less than US$ 10 per caliper  :)

Fortunately he has a good relationship with one of the local Honda parts disrtibutors and gets to go in and rummage.