News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Today

Started by Lee337, December 30, 2018, 07:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

That sounds like a format. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Lee337

@Ghulst I see there's now a donation button, I'll sort something out later, when I'm on my home PC   :thumbsup
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

LOL! Well spotted. ;)

I tried to make it not as obvious, but hard to miss. Actually started a topic on it as well. Thanks for considering donating!

Lee337

All set to have a play in the garage today, having done al my weekend chores yesterday. Didn't have much to do on the bikes but need to do some repairs on the car before I can get it MOTd.

Walk in to the garage & flick the light switch - nothing. looked at the trip box just inside the garage door & everything seemed ok, so had a look at the main box in the house. sure enough the garage circuit had tripped. reset it & it tripped out again. Walked back out to the garage & isolated the electrics, back in to the house to reset it again and, you guessed it, it tripped again.

The problem seems to be the feed between the house & garage, which is a pain as the armoured cable leaves the trip box in the house and disappears into the wall, travels down the inside of the wall, under the concrete driveway and out at the inside base of the garage wall, 6 metres away.

Think I might need to call an electrician out but not looking forward to the bill.

Needless to say, the car will hace to be repaired on the drive but not today, it's 2C out there and a little too windy.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Sin_Tiger

:nap unless you've been doing some serious gardening, it's more likely to be in the garage distribution panel, spiders can wreak havoc  ;)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Lee337

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 31, 2021, 01:46:01 PM
:nap unless you've been doing some serious gardening, it's more likely to be in the garage distribution panel, spiders can wreak havoc  ;)

I hope so, but I've traced the cable from the entry point to the fuse box, approx 1.5m and isolated the power from that box. I can do simple jobs like wiring plugs & vehicle electrics don't bother me, but 240v make me a little nervous.

ghulst

If you have a multimeter, it might be an idea to disconnect the cable where it enters the garage. If you have completely disconnected it there and made sure none of the wires are touching, reset the garage circuit again and see what happens. (Or get your wife to reset the circuit and stay with the wires in the garage. If the garage circuit trips again without any connection being made by the wires in the garage, it will be somewhere in that wire. If it does not trip, you know it is behind the entry point...