News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stretch vs Pickup Truck

Started by Yukon, November 17, 2009, 03:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Hey Stretch !! glad your here to tell the tale !!    :shock:  its a shame about yer Tigger but at the end of the day its just a bike ( please don`t tell mine that ) hope everything mends well with no loss of movement and just think for a mo !! it could of happened at the start of the year !! atleast its the winter you`ll be recovering in !!

take care !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

harre

Glad to hear you're OK Stretch. I try to foresee those nasty left turns from a meeting car, but many times I forget. Good news is that you're still with us to remind us about those dangerous situations.
Do you think that anti-locking brakes would have saved your day?

Bixxer Bob

Glad you are ok (ish) Stretch; pity about the old gal, you put a lot of work into her.  

My very first off was the same sort of accident, 'cept over here it's turning right.  I was only 16 at the time....  the cage driver was 8 months pregnant  :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

HappyMan

So sorry to hear about your Tiger but glad you are o.k. and recovering.  It was your Tiger that made me want one....If I were closer to you I'd let you ride mine until you replaced her....I guess you'll just have to move up north!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

ackme

:shock:

Really sorry that this happened and really glad it was not worse.  Best wishes for a full recovery.

ack
The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.

2005 955i Tiger, British Racing Green- plenty of umph

John Stenhouse

Hell Man, I look away for two days and look what happens! Heal fast my friend. Next summer get over here for a bit of UK riding. I'll host you.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Stretch

Thanks, fellas.  I walked out into the garage a couple times this afternoon, quietly lamenting the empty space with the TKC knobby tracks all over it.

Quote from: "harre"Do you think that anti-locking brakes would have saved your day?

Not in my particular case, I don't think.  There simply wasn't enough room to maneuver.  The guy never saw me, even with me wearing a fluorescent yellow vest and both headlights on.

The accident is still being investigated by the police, but the officer did tell me that he knew excessive speed was not an issue.

flux

Holy Chit, man.  I am just catching wind of this!  

Sorry to hear it, but glad you are here to tell us about it yourself.  Left turning cagers... shit...

You know I am just around the corner if you need anything.  

Heal up!  
Cheers

TigerTrax

Stretch...
So how is the pampering around the house?

This has got to good through New Years at least.

After that ... I think you're pressing your luck!

Heal Well . . . . Soon!

Trax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Sin_Tiger

Stretch - good to see you back in da house 8)

Make best use of the sympathy vote while you can, they soon forget and start giving you a job list  :lol:

Don't worry EB will be scouring ebay for a suitable replacement as we speak, he's got a permanent desk at ebay anyway  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HappyMan

Sounds like some good one on one time with your daughter Stretch.  It's a tough way to get quality time with your kid but take it when you can get it!

I saw on ADV someone mentioning that if you find a Girly in his area to feel free to use him to check it out.  Same goes here.  If you need someone to check out a bike with in a hundred miles of Minneapolis please don't hesitate to ask.  Be it a Tiger or anything else, just ask and I'll be there for you!

coachgeo

well.... if you want a rehab project.  I can sell you a Tiger for 800 bucks and you can swap parts between yours and it and make a new running bike out of it.  I was planning to keep it for parts but..... you know.... between tiger brothers......  It's all good.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

atokad

Quote from: "HappyMan"Sounds like some good one on one time with your daughter Stretch.  It's a tough way to get quality time with your kid but take it when you can get it!

I saw on ADV someone mentioning that if you find a Girly in his area to feel free to use him to check it out.  Same goes here.  If you need someone to check out a bike with in a hundred miles of Minneapolis please don't hesitate to ask.  Be it a Tiger or anything else, just ask and I'll be there for you!

That was me. I really would like to own 2-3 Girlies. One with TKC's and all the panniers, crash bars etc. One with street tires only, no panniers or xtra junk and one that I could just polish for the museum and keep stock, low or no miles!  :D

HappyMan

Quote from: "atokad"
Quote from: "HappyMan"Sounds like some good one on one time with your daughter Stretch.  It's a tough way to get quality time with your kid but take it when you can get it!

That was me. I really would like to own 2-3 Girlies. One with TKC's and all the panniers, crash bars etc. One with street tires only, no panniers or xtra junk and one that I could just polish for the museum and keep stock, low or no miles!  :D

I know EXACTLY how you feel.  I'd love to keep one just to store away for 30 years from now....

fano

Oh, sorry to hear this Stretch. I am glad you will be OK. Are all your farkles totaled too or can you change them to your new Tiger?