News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stretch vs Pickup Truck

Started by Yukon, November 17, 2009, 03:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Amongst the warnings in the instructions, if you bothered to read them (who reads warnings  :roll: )  don't put them on your chest area (risk of heart attack), ....blah blah....

What's a manual?  I was going to try to use it as a defibrillator. :)

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"do not attach to GENITALS  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Just a word of warning though....  T.E.N.S plus mates plus beer equals hilarious, if painful, fun.

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Accidental search result when trying to find comparisons on these units...

http://www.ezstim.com/id21.html

:shock:

INFORMATIVE... I think...
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bixxer Bob

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

They're kidding, right??

I think we should draw this thread hijack to a close.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

EvilBetty

Agreed! Waiting for the next Stretch update...  8)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

zombie

heal up stretch
I'll bring the beer over the crimbo time for ya
Glad you walked away like you did
could'a been a lot worse

Stretch

Hey, dudes.  I'm doing just fine.  I'm up and about now, starting physical therapy next week.

I'm celebrating Thanksgiving like a seriously thankful mofo.

I got the bike back a couple days ago.  Forks are bent backward enough that the front wheel won't turn, and the fender and fairing are shattered.  The tank's okay, and it still fires up and runs.

I don't trust the frame being straight, though.  I'll wait and see what the insurance company wants to do with it.  If they total it, it's theirs.  If not, I'll most likely part it out.

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"Can you tell us what you were wearing that might have saved your life?

It wasn't anything I did, bro.  God simply didn't want me dead or paralyzed.  No amount or brand of gear is going to keep a neck and / or spine from breaking if it's hit right...

A couple more miles per hour or a few more pounds of pressure would have easily finished me off.

Praise God I'm still here.

HappyMan

Great to hear from you Stretch!  Glad to hear from you again and have a great Thanksgiving!  I'm truly thankful you are alright.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Mustang

Quote from: "Stretch"I don't trust the frame being straight, though.  I'll wait and see what the insurance company wants to do with it.  If they total it, it's theirs.  If not, I'll most likely part it out.

Actually if they total it they (insurance) will generaly take it and resell with salvage title .
And if they don't total it they will have it repaired , you generally don't have the option especially if it's financed .
What will usually determine if they total it is if the repair costs come close to or exceed book value .
Kelly blue book on an 05 tiger in good condition is 4200 trade in value and 6200 retail , not sure which one the insurance co. uses .

But my guess is if the damages to repair are around 5k you will be saying good bye to your silver tiger , and if they decide to repair you will have a tiger to sell that has been repaired .

brad1098

OK. . way late joining this thread.  Been offline for 2 wks.  Stretch-glad youre ok. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Im sure the bike will be totaled.  The insurance company doesnt want the liability of a repaired bike on the road.  If the forks are bent that bad, it's done.  Lets face it a $6,000 bike payoff won't touch the cost of a front end deer collision with any new car.  $6,000 is nothing to them.  A potential liability lawsuit down the road is real $$$  Good low mileage Girlies are still out there......I would be looking, I'm sure you have been.
02 black-Lorna

atokad

Happy THANKSgiving Stretch, and many more!  :occasion14

coachgeo

Stretch.... while my guess is this was a tough Thanksgiving.... at the same time.... well.. your having THANKSgiving and that is a HUGE thing to be thankful for.

Peace Brother Tiger, and her is to many more Thanksgivings. :D
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Colonel Nikolai

Stretch,

Yeah this Thanksgiving must be a real obvious one for you!

In April of 2006, my 1996 Sprint decided it wanted to have it out with a 9-point buck at 50 mph. The deer had just enough time to lower its antlers before the impact, too :shock: . Totaled it: took out the lights, fairing and fairing cage, bent the forks back. The bike went down on the right clutch cover and slid for 40 feet on the pavement, but kept its integrity until I replaced it in 2008. I was able to use both discs and fork stanchions but everything else up front was replaced, along with the right exhaust can. The frame remains straight as an arrow.

Dunno if this helps, it's not exactly hitting a truck and not a Girly, but these things seem tough. I always thought the Girly frame was a tetch tougher than the steamer / Sprint frame. Here are some pix. The first one is the Sprint in summer 2008 (wish I had a center stand like that on my 96 tigger). The last one shows how far back the Sprint forks were bent back from the impact in 2006. Sprint still runs like at top with 44k on it.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

coachgeo

Quote from: "Stretch"I'm doing just fine.  I'm up and about now, starting physical therapy next week....
Oh it's good PT starts AFTER Thanksgiving.  You see once you start PT (which can be painful) your "thanks"  sorta starts to become "ohhh geez.. thanks a lot :roll: )  :D

QuoteNo amount or brand of gear is going to keep a neck and / or spine from breaking if it's hit right....
While that's true.. the new airbag jackets should reduce the number of available options of "breaking if it's hit right".  If it would have helped in this circumstance I don't know.  Don't know what of your injuries came from impact after leaving the bike.  

Anyway..... since your going to be buying new gear anyway.... an airbag jacket is something to consider.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"Stretch,

Yeah this Thanksgiving must be a real obvious one for you!

In April of 2006, my 1996 Sprint decided it wanted to have it out with a 9-point buck at 50 mph. The deer had just enough time to lower its antlers before the impact, too :shock: . Totaled it: took out the lights, fairing and fairing cage, bent the forks back.

You never said how the  buck turned out....   venison steak?? sausages?  I like venison sausages...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

harre

Stretch, what kind of protection did you wear? Maybe it was not all down do good luck after all? Did you have any back protection or clothes with shock protection?
Heal well.

Colonel Nikolai

The buck was killed instantly on impact. The rider was thrown over the right bar, the antlers went over the left. After rolling for 120 feet or so, he came to a stop, lurched to his feet and walked up the road to hit the killswitch, after which he sat down on the shoulder until the ambulance came. He was unhurt: no broken anything. Hurt to cough or laugh for a week, but that's all. He was wearing a shoei, took two big chunks out of it. His suit fell off him in pieces. ATGATT, eh?

He was getting ready to put the bike together when he decided to hang up motorcycling altogether. He said every time he sat on the seat all he could see was antlers.

I picked up the sprint from him for a few hundred, piecing back together from ebay mostly, so 25k later here I am.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.