News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stretch vs Pickup Truck

Started by Yukon, November 17, 2009, 03:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukon

I was over on the ADV site and found this post from Rocdoc

update from Stretch's said riding partner Rocdoc... yesterday Stretch had a pickup truck assisted get off and is in the hospital here in our home town. He got a slightly collapsed lung, a cracked rib, three back and two neck vertebrae cracked. Doesn't look like any surgery will be needed, but he'll be a while recovering. Good wishes appreciated. Rocdoc

Hope Stretch has a full and speedy recovery

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523035

aeronca

WOW, GOD I HOPE ALL IS WELL. thanks for the update yukon. our thoughts are with you stretch. speedy recovery
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HappyMan

Stretch,

I'm sure I can speak for anyone here, take care and get better soon!  And send some pics when you're up to it.  I'm so sorry to hear about your accident.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

atokad

Oh no! Not good.  Best wishes for a full recovery.

So hard to keep an eye out for every cager 110% of the time!!!  DAMHIK :evil:

Bear

2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

coachgeo

Not going to wish ya speedy recovery..... time is not the issue... FULL recovery is my wish and it will take time.

Hope you drop in soon.  So you can feel all warm and fuzzy from the slew of well wishes that this thread is about to fill up with. :D

Get well man.... do the PT they give you.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Sin_Tiger

I know how scary a collapsed lung can feel.

Please pass on my best wishes and tell him I'll raise a glass of Tiger at the weekend. Hope his fingers are OK and they have wifi in the hospital  :new_popcornsmiley
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

JetdocX

Awww, hell!  Sorry Stretch.  Get well soon.  Please keep us in the loop?
From parts unknown.

Mustang

:shock:
looks like it happened on Friday the 13th , major bummer .

GWL

:shock: OMG Get well soon Stretch.Hope you have a speedy and complete recovery

Tom Herold

Stretch! Man I'm glad you're still with us despite the injuries, I hope you have a speedy recovery!
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

HockleyBoy

Stretch,

Sorry to hear this, hope you have a speedy recovery and the Tiger isn't too bad.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Nick Calne

Stretch

Get well soon!!

Nick
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Stretch

Hi, guys.  Thanks for the positive thoughts.  I was certainly blessed this past weekend, as I have five cracked vertebrae in my neck and back, but still have 100% function and sensation in my arms and legs.  I was walking again Monday morning.  It could have been so much worse.  I just thank God for padding the impact.

I had been running some errands on the Tiger Friday afternoon (yeah, the 13th), and had finished up and was taking the long way back home on a country road when some dipshit in a Ford Ranger turned left in front of me.  I don't remember much, but the investigating police officer said he could tell from the skid marks that I tried to avoid the collision (rear brake on and off to avoid locking), but there just wasn't enough room to pull it off.

In addition to the five cracked vertebrae, I also have a broken rib and a partially-collapsed lung.  Oof.  My Nolan N102 did its job protecting my face and skull, and I don't have a mark on me there.  There is a 45-minute span in which I don't have the slightest recollection of what happened, but other than the concussion from the wreck, my head has checked out fine.

My beloved Tiger is totaled, and I'm sore and stiff, but happy as a clam to still be here.

Thanks for your support, everybody.  I love you guys.

ATGATT

-Stretch

NeilD

Quote from: "Stretch"but happy as a clam to still be here.

yep thats the important thing..

glad to hear you're doing ok after your 'off'..