News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stretch vs Pickup Truck

Started by Yukon, November 17, 2009, 03:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

Ack!  Late finding this thread!

Get healed up Stretch, glad you're among the walking talking living.

Hopefully you can get through your therapy and ensuing claim with his insurance quickly and as painless as possible.

Not the time but I know you have to be thinking of it now and then... what's replacing the old girl?
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

gazoo

Sorry to hear about your accident, Stretch.  Glad to hear it wasn't any worse.  Heal up!

BTW...  If you're in the market for a replacement steed, this 05 in your area was posted on ADV.    http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11379747&postcount=18

oxnsox

Good to read you are up and about, and back on the road......
....even if it is the road to recovery.

Take the time to heal... (and read about all those things we'll need your input on. :lol:)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RT

Holy crap.......glad to hear your ok.  Bikes can be replaced, riders cant'.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

abruzzi

Not to make light of any of this (I am truly glad your injuries are generally minor), but does this mean you are going to have to rebuild all your homemade projects on this bike?  I'm thinking the Jesse's, the skid plate, and all the smaller stuff?

Geof

Stretch

I haven't seen the bike.  It's still in the impound lot, and the police won't release it until their investigation is complete.

KuzzinKenny

Hey Stretch !! its good to know yer now the walkin wounded, it must be wierd havin so much space in yer garage where the beast should be !!

take care !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

REGULATOR

wow, sorry to hear about al of this, just glad your up and about,

take care and get better

been out of town for some time so haven;t been online too much

swamper650

Damn Damn Damn...............Take your time healing, head the advice of the Doctors. We don't  heal as fast as we used to. It haa been a month since my SUV encounter and I am still feeling it. God was with you.....amazing you are up and walking.
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

HappyMan

Happy Saturday Stretch!!  I hope you are having a great day and up and about and perchance tipping back a cold one and relishing the fact that you have this day to give to your family!!   :occasion14
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

johnnyadventurepants

Sorry to hear about this Stretch!  Heal well.
\'99 Tiger 885i

coachgeo

how you doing man.  

Keep a balance to ya about pain meds.  Dont over do.... don't under do.  If your going to get off balance though. do so towards under do.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

EvilBetty

I just got a new toy today.

How do I spell relief?  T.E.N.S. unit :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "EvilBetty"I just got a new toy today.

How do I spell relief?  T.E.N.S. unit :)

Like I said in the 240Z thread,  it must be an age thing.  I got one too about a month ago.  Very effective indeed.  Amongst the warnings in the instructions, if you bothered to read them (who reads warnings  :roll: )  don't put them on your chest area (risk of heart attack), ....blah blah.... do not attach to GENITALS  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Just a word of warning though....  T.E.N.S plus mates plus beer equals hilarious, if painful, fun.

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Colonel Nikolai

Stretch, sorry to hear about it. Sounds terrible. Let me know what we can do to help.

I feel we are brothers in yet another way, though: I was rear-ended by a dipshit in a Ford ranger at a red light on my Triumph Sprint. Maybe it was the same guy? I was testing the fit of an offroad torso rig that had protection down to the wrists, wearing Revvit leather with keprotec-shell gloves, an Arai Astral X helmet and impact pants so I was not even scratched. Totaled the Sprint! Bought it back, fixed it and I'm still riding it (44k, knock knock).

Can you tell us what you were wearing that might have saved your life? ATGATT but what's in the G for you?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.