News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

EXTREME MAKEOVER........Steamer Edition

Started by Mustang, January 21, 2010, 05:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I have a doorstep of a book called Machinery's Handbook given to me by my boss when he retired.  Purchased today it would cost around £83. I was 22 at the time.  The book was printed in 1957, two years after I was born, but still relevant today.  It's gotten me out of a hole more than once!!

I have edition 24 which is more modern and has CNC info in it . I also have a Machinery Handbook dated from the 40's ............a lot of the info is the same , some things don't change much .

Bixxer Bob

I think they might have dropped the bit about making steam tight gaskets out of asbestos and red lead paint by now.... :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

intotheabis

Hi Mustang, are they lowered pegs on your bike I see?
I am currently trying to figure out how to do that so my standing stance is improved. I have raised the bars as much as I dare.
Intotheabis

rf9rider

Quote from: "intotheabis"Hi Mustang, are they lowered pegs on your bike I see?
I am currently trying to figure out how to do that so my standing stance is improved. I have raised the bars as much as I dare.

Mustang makes and sells them, have a looky here

http://www.knlcycle.com/

John Stenhouse

And mighty fine they are too.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

wp75

mustang, I like you're setup. on the left side fork leg there is a bulge that keeps the speedometer drive from spinning. the right side fork leg hasn't. how did you solve this ??

wp75

Mustang

Quote from: wp75 on November 10, 2014, 07:49:20 PM
mustang, I like you're setup. on the left side fork leg there is a bulge that keeps the speedometer drive from spinning. the right side fork leg hasn't. how did you solve this ??

wp75
the cable holds it fine as well as the torque when you tighten the axle nut