News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what kind of helmet do you wear?

Started by aeronca, April 17, 2009, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

Shoei Hornet...got it at a price i couldn't pass up on.

Still, the helmet i wear and abuse daily is my Scorpion EXO700. I've had it for two years and it's been a fantastic helmet.

aeronca

i  just ordered this.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bruincounselor

Nolan N100 around town, I wear glasses and the flip can't be beat for convenience - I'm on my third.

Skorpion EXO 1000 for out of town. No complaints and the price was right.
Bruin\'

oxnsox

Had a Nolan with a flip face, till someone walked off with it...  Now using Shoei Muli-tec.   Both great for folks who wear specs.  Think the Nolan was a little noisier to wear, but it was easier to open both the flip face and the visor.
The Shoei came with a good accessory pack (Collar to keep in the heat, chin screen to keep out the bugs & a double tint visor), which lets you tailor things for local conditions or time of year.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HockleyBoy

Shoei XR1000 and an Arai Condor for me.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

EvilBetty

Quote from: "aeronca"i  just ordered this.

I love that helmet, but I've pretty much scared myself out of wearing anything but a full face helmet.  All those horror stories of people landing on their faces...

We'll see what this summer brings... maybe I'll be sweated out of my element of safety :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

aeronca

thats one of the biggest reasons i like open face helmets - the heat thing. i try not to think about sliding down the road on my face :shock:  generally i ride with my nolan in the open position, but it is nice to have the option. i was watching a couple of reviews on you tube of the new hjc i just  bought. i think it will be a pretty good choice - they call it a 3/4 helmet because it comes down around the chin area more than the regular open face. should be here tomrow :eusa_dance

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Bruincounselor

From the "Hurt" report. Why I wear a full face everytime.
Bruin\'

aeronca

wow, thats a really good chart - it does give one some food for thought.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

atokad

Take your pick...I spend almost all of my time in the grey RF 1000 and some time in the orange VMoto when riding my dirt bike.  The others are kinda "guest helmets"

aeronca

ok, i just got the new hjc is-33, and i must say, it;s pretty nice. i think im going to go and try on another hjc full faace and flip up and see how they feel(for winter riding). i love my nolan, but after 12 years its kind of stinky :D . so besides abruzzi, does anyone wear a 1/2 face? just for fun, check out this savage on a gs - :lol:  
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

ChrisN

Shoei Multitec

More info HERE
Chris

BykBoy

Arai XD. Great wide angle view, fits my head, love the sun viser, good air-flow, easy on/off, and great quality.

I wish they would make them with built-in headsets / noise rduction system (like the stuff combat pilots have).
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Tom Herold

Scorpion EXO 1000 for me.
1999 Triumph Trophy 1200
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
2005 Triumph Tiger

"When people believe you to be the fool, why open your mouth and remove all doubt....??"
Gen. George S. Patton

Tiger04

I wear a Shark RSX Intense in late fall thru the spring. Then I change to my HJC SymaxII modular. I enjoy the built in visor. I do like all my helmets.
Henry
13 Tiger in Beautiful Sapphire Blue
"Tigers aren't for wimps"