News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what kind of helmet do you wear?

Started by aeronca, April 17, 2009, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

Quote from: JetdocX
Quote from: aeroncawhat do you guy's think of the AFX FX-37?

This one?

I got one of those with the mirrored face shield.  It exudes attitude.  I don't have to wave at anyone anymore and no one waves at me.  I scare kids in backseats.  I love it! 8)

Edit:  THE best $100 spent this year hands down. :D

brother jd, any problems with distortion with the visor? that was the only complaint i've heard about them and the reason i didnt buy one. i think i'll pick one up any way. bikebandit has them for 86 bucks, if i dont like it i'll give it to my daughter.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

looks like i missed the sale by  one day, oh well.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Yes there is a slight distortion in the center where the compound curve in the visor is.  It gets better up higher on the visor.
From parts unknown.

TheMule

In the reviews of the FX-37 it appears that it's a crap shoot when it comes to the optical distortion in the visor. I apparently got lucky and mine is fine. The helmet is very drafty (a good thing in Southern UT) and I'm going to pick up a different helmet for winter riding. Upto this point all I've had were open faced helmets and the FX-37 is a huge move up from those in regards to noise and wind.

thanks,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

zombie

zombie

aeronca

dude-------------- that's wicked f#@kin pissa.   who painted that thing? it's awsome :twisted:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

TigerTrax

Zombie...
I sold SIMPSON helmets for awhile.... they are rare in the motorcycle world.... BIG in the cage world.

The BANDIT was always a hit.  
Very Nice Helmet ..... That is a helmet isn't it?  

PS: Your back seat tag along needs one too!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

zombie

yup it's a simpson bandit painted up by a friend of mine
kids love it and parents hate it and the cops all do a double take when I wear it , pretty funny

TheMule

Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Sin_Tiger

Just got a Caberg Sintessi after having the Justissimo & Justy GT2, I like them obviously.

Nice fit once the the styrene at the forehead adjusted to my nut.

Homologated for Jet position riding in the EU, quieter, lighter, better ventillation and much more directionally stable than the others, now if they can just get the BT unit out to the dealers I'll be happy.

JD & Zombie, must be a trail of mothers clutching babies to their breasts in your wake.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

pit0rz

I bought a Symax II a few months back to replace my aging Nolan flip up.  I like it very much, a lot quieter than the Nolan.  I really like tha fact that the front part stays up (unlike the nolan which would flop down on me)
the little Jet fighter inner shield is handy but I usually ride with sun glasses...  Price was right too.  :D
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

The Midnight Rambler

Having just flipped through this thread I'm amazed no one has mentioned Schuberth. Maybe they dont appear on the west of the pond but I have had a C2 for a couple of years and rate it as the best I have had. A friend has just got the sucessor C3 and reckons its even better.
http://www.schuberthmotorcyclehelmets.co.uk/c3.htm
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
― Hunter S. Thompson

abruzzi

Stretch