News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what kind of helmet do you wear?

Started by aeronca, April 17, 2009, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

ok, so here's the question. what kind of helmet do you wear?  when i was young and smarter than anyone else in the world, i did'nt like to wear helmets unless it was raining, or wicked cold out(no helmet laws in new hampshire at the time). in my mid 20's i started to see the merit of the skid lid, and would occasionally put one on for long rides or fast rides. but in my early 30's, i would wear them all the time, but only open face. i didnt like the feel of the fullface. in my mid to late  30's however, and now into 40's i wear a flip up nolan. best of both worlds - right? or is it? what do you guy's wear?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Jomama

I love my Arai XD...  I have a serious aversion to direct bright sunlight so the big visor was a huge selling point for me...  

I would have a traditional full face (too) if I lived somewhere that allowed more high speed highway driving tho...
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser

abruzzi

My main helmet is my Shoei Hornet:

I'm very happy with it and use it on my Tiger, KTM 950, and Aprilia Supermoto.  But it looks kid of out of place on my Bonneville Black.  For that bike I sometimes go free and clear, but usually use the Davida Speedster:

And on occasion, I still have and use my Davida classic:

Finally I have an HJC $99 full face, in case a guest is riding along.  (In case you couldn't tell, 4 helmets, 5 jackets, 3 sets of gloves, I'm a gear nerd.)

Geof

matttys

I have a Shoei RF1000 for the street and an Arai XD for dual sport and offroad.  If I only had one helmet, it would be the XD.  I would never wear it on any bike that would exceed 65 mph with the beak on as you get terrible whiplash.  You can always take the beak off and put it on when you get to the slow stuff.
\'02 Girly, \'03 F650GS Dakar, \'05 DRZ470SM, \'90 DR350, \'03 DRZ134SM

EvilBetty

HJC CL-SP Osiris  - $79 on clearance.
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/spor ... l+approved

Really wanted a solid color, but price could not be beat.

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

EvilBetty

Quotein case a guest is riding along.  (In case you couldn't tell, 4 helmets, 5 jackets, 3 sets of gloves, I'm a gear nerd.)

Geof

Hehe, I've been riding since July, and already have 3 jackets and 3 pairs of gloves... most of it off of eBay... keep finding something better than what I bought last time!
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

abruzzi

Quote from: "matttys"I have a Shoei RF1000 for the street and an Arai XD for dual sport and offroad.  If I only had one helmet, it would be the XD.  I would never wear it on any bike that would exceed 65 mph with the beak on as you get terrible whiplash.  You can always take the beak off and put it on when you get to the slow stuff.

The XD has a larger beak than the Hornet.  So far with the hornet I don't feel any extra pressure, and non of the wind "beating" some have experienced on the XD.

Geof

zadok_oz

Nolan Flip Top. Love the features. Sun visor, anti fog etc. Noisy helmet though, but I wear molded plugs anyway.
I'll stick to flip tops from now on.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Bixxer Bob

I would like a grey Shoei Hornet like Abruzzi but can't afford it at the moment.  I think it'll look better with the Tiger than the Shoei X-Spirit I use at the moment, althoough the X-Spirit looks the part when I'm out on the Blackbird.  MY X-Spirit is a Moto GP rider Dajiro Kato memorial issue as I was a fan of his before he died.  It's the design he would've used the following year if he'd been alive.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

haulin' daze

Black Shark RSX. I have a big noggin' (with not much in it) and the Shark fit the nuts when I first tried it on. For me, great helmet. And who here doesn't like great helmet?   :eusa_dance

aeronca

man, i love that davida classic. 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

flux

I scored an Airoh S4 dual sport helmet from someone over on ADV.  I like it a lot and it was nearly new and half price of an XD.  

I like that I can fit a drink tube under the chin bar.  Great for touring or dual sporting.  

I like the wide field of vision it offers.

It makes me feel pretty.

JasonS

I wear a Caberg ( not sold in the USA ). I also wear prescription sunglasses and this helmet makes that much easier to deal with as it is a flip front.

I also have the Iridium blue internal sun visor installed!!

This is the original smoke visor...

thsi is with the blue one installed...
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

ourade

Shoei multi-tec worth every penny especially if you wear spectacles.
Cheers Ade.

RT

Shoei  RF-1000.  comfortable and pretty quiet.    Last two helmets have been RF-1000.        Downside is you can't remove liner so stinky helmet is a problem in hot climates.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown