News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what kind of helmet do you wear?

Started by aeronca, April 17, 2009, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMule

AFX-FX37 Dualsport
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

aeronca

Quote from: TheMuleAFX-FX37 Dualsport

how do you like it. im concidering one for this winter.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

TheMule

Quote from: "aeronca"how do you like it. im concidering one for this winter.

I had to change out the cheek padding to a thinner pad and I had to cut down the ridiculously long strap but other than that I am very happy with it. Be aware that it has lots of venting that does not close so for winter riding somewhere it gets cold (not here) you might have to duct tape over a vent or two to stay warm. Helmet's fit and finish do not measure up to the big dollar helmets but the screen offers very good visibility, the peak is just long enought to offer excellent shade for the eyes and does not catch the wind at all, and I find it very comfortable now. I would buy it again if it got stolen.

thanks,

Todd
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

aeronca

well, it could'nt be any worse than my nolan. that thing leaks in the rain and is really cold. im going to try and find a shop that carries them and see if i like them up close. they look pretty cool.     eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

Just bought a Shark Evoline, their flip front, will let you know how it feels later
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

EvilBetty

I as looking through a catalog last night as some some Arai helmets for $899  :shock:

I gotta know.  What the heck does a $900 helmet have that my HJC CL-SP doesn't have?!
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

John Stenhouse

A totally different feel, that is if you have an Arai shaped head, my Quantum F was lovely then they dicked around with the sizes and shapes so now I have no idea which is the nearest to what I had.

EvilBetty

So your paying $700 extra for a different shaped head?
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

John Stenhouse

Guess so, I guess living in amongst this GM countryside had to have some effect  :lol:

db7

HJC Carbon.  SWEET!
2005 Silver Tiger

aeronca

man that is sweet.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

zombie

roof boxer matt black of course

Dr. Mordo

I have a HJC Symax II and a Zox Azuma.  Both are pretty good.  I would buy either again.  I have no issues with the quality of either.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger

chairhead

Arai SZ-RAM III black with a tinted and clear visor,a fantastic lid which i bought on flea bay for £180.00,was barely used and still smelt new,i love the fact that the liner,cheek pads(of which there are various thicknesses) and strap liners are all removeable,chuck em in the washing machine and they come out like new :D,and you can always get parts for them,not that ive ever needed any :wink:

Meets or exceeds Snell and D.O.T. standards
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

PeteH

Shoei Raid in plain colour - buget end. Nice and light, easy remove visor and the all important Pin Lock insert. Bit noisy tho.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour