News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what kind of helmet do you wear?

Started by aeronca, April 17, 2009, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

Quote from: zombieroof boxer matt black of course

i went toi the roof web site and have to say that they are quit interesting. how do you like it?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

HappyMan

Quote from: "zombie"roof boxer matt black of course

Wild looking helmet.  Looks like something out of a Sci-Fi film.

Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

aeronca

i think alot of helmet maker's are going for the fighter pilot look. nexx helmets is following suit as well. my new hjc is-33 is an excellent helmet so far. i know many riders dont like open face helmets, but i do, and i am really impressed with the over-all fit and finish of this lid. the look is pretty funky, alot less so than other brands, but still i like it alot. i like the roof helmets as well. 8)  i really like davida(cool). if i ever get my thruxton, thats the helmet for me. :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

so at this point, in the thread, you all have thrown out some really great choices in helmet brands. even given some insight on your thoughts on helmet types's. so my next question is, what's better, dot,snell, or the euro ece. when buying mine, i tried to find one with all the ratings, but in the end went for the hjc(dot only). how much thought do you really put into it. untill now, i never really cared. but shooting past 41(with 2 squirts) alot more came into mind when choosing. so whats best - DOT, SNELL, ECE? :shock:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

EvilBetty

I'm not sure anything but a full face can pass SNELL.

Usually if it's SNELL it's also DOT.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Buggles

Tried both Arai Tour X and Shoei Hornet DS. Both gave me a headache after more than 30 minutes riding. So having wasted a considerable amount of money, I bought another HJC (perfect fit).

I now have the IS-16, great helmet with internal sun visor. May still buy a motocross helmet as a backup, but I'm definitely sticking with the IS-16 for now!

JB
2004 Triumph Tiger - Crash bars, Dual headlight upgrade, K&N airfilter
1993 Suzuki DR 800 BIG, fully farkled & tuned.

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

aeronca

man, after a month with the new lid, it amazes me all the new sounds i hear. with the old nolan, i was tuned into the road and the bike a certain way, but the new hjc allows alot of diferent noises to come in. some of the noise are freakin me out. still, i like the new lid, and i think im going to buy a new closed face hjc for winter, or if i can find one cheap enough, a hornet dx.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Buggles"Tried both Arai Tour X and Shoei Hornet DS. Both gave me a headache after more than 30 minutes riding. So having wasted a considerable amount of money, I bought another HJC (perfect fit).

Bit OT :hat10

Are you selling your Hornet? I was considering one myself
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

A lemon squeezer[/img]
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aeronca

what do you guy's think of the AFX FX-37?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Nimrod11

I have a Nolan N102. I like it a lot but it is noisy. I am told that if I take off the sun visor, it is much better but that is one of the nicer features of it. I may try it without the visor and get some transition glasses. The new N103 has an internal visor. Looks nice.

----------
Tiger 2004

abruzzi

Quote from: "aeronca"what do you guy's think of the AFX FX-37?

There is a pretty complete review here:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcyc ... afx-fx-37/

I don't know the helmet, but having a Shoei Hrnet DS, I will say that I really love these hybrid helmets.  The chin/mouth area is less claustrophobic that a standard full face, but the visor is more comfortable than goggles.

Geof

JetdocX

Quote from: "aeronca"what do you guy's think of the AFX FX-37?

This one?

I got one of those with the mirrored face shield.  It exudes attitude.  I don't have to wave at anyone anymore and no one waves at me.  I scare kids in backseats.  I love it! 8)

Edit:  THE best $100 spent this year hands down. :D
From parts unknown.

Jomama

Whole bunch of interesting NON-USA helmets to look at here...

Didn't know GIVI made helmets?  

http://www.designerhelmets.com/index.php
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser