News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

cheers RF  :D  no i aint found out where it goes yet. i need to find me someone local whos got a steamer so i can go have a look at 1.  :?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

Quote from: "rybes"cheers RF  :D  no i aint found out where it goes yet. i need to find me someone local whos got a steamer so i can go have a look at 1.  :?
It looks an awful lot like the bracket that bolts behind the cylinder head to keep the hoses tucked down

#55 in the drawing

NeilD

blimey you're going to town it - nice job    8)

I used Aerocote for powdercoating when I had my LeMans - they do do a good job   8)

aeronca

:notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy  :occasion14 this is a freakin cool thread. i vote this thread to be a sticky!!!!!!
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

rybes

cheers mustang :D wouldve hated to have to throw it away :lol:

rybes

well today i went off to the anodisers and got me bolts n ally bits  managed to get the gear and brake lever fitted n mounted up today.
the anodisins great lookin. look like new bolts. ally bits look good too altho ive learnt a lesson. polish stuff before it goes in cos ya can still see all the scratches from before. still look better than they did tho  
so heres the pics....

rybes

also today i had a delivery from the postman from triumph  got new hand guards new airfilter cover (the red bit) fork seals and all the lil rubber washers for the bodywork bolts. wanna see some pics ?

NeilD

was the air filter cover available new from Triumph? and the handguards? thats intresting if so as I need both items!  were they expensive (thats a silly question I know!)

rf9rider

Quote from: "NeilD"was the air filter cover available new from Triumph? and the handguards? thats intresting if so as I need both items!  were they expensive (thats a silly question I know!)

Hand guards were £8 each according to description at top of pic.

I also need both filter covers, interesting to see the price.  :)

Just checked Bikebandit, $138, about £90 each  :shock:

Sin_Tiger

Have a look on fleabay for Nik's Euro Bits I think they are still available last time I looked. top bloke to deal with.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

Quote from: "NeilD"was the air filter cover available new from Triumph? and the handguards? thats intresting if so as I need both items!  were they expensive (thats a silly question I know!)

the filter cover was just under 40 quid and the handguards jus under 9 :wink:

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.p ... d617292018 have a look there. its the whole parts catalouge for any triumph :wink: with prices too :D

rf9rider

Good link Rybes.

Saved to favourites for future reference.  :)

BruKen

Wow! I am impressed. Some tidy work there :D

Sin_Tiger

+1 Stuff like this keeps me going while I wait for spares etc.  :(
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

thanks f all ya replys :D got nuffin to do on it at the mo. waitin for bits to turn up :(  namely the springs. when they turn up i can get it back up on its wheels :D then comes the mass rebuildin of all the little bits that take ages n cost loads :lol: