News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

now its time for lacin the wheels. wernt such a difficult job as i had imagined. just got to take em to the local motorbike museum so i can get them trued up.
front wheel in bits

one side worth of spokes in

completed wheel
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rybes

and now the rear wheel. in bits it looks like this

one sides worth of spokes. some of you might notice im 2 spokes missin. im so glad i stripped the wheels down cos i found these

can anyone spot the differnce.

finished rear wheel. as soon as i get the spokes ill be gettin the tires fitted and along with bearins to go in. i can fit the wheels for the final time :D:D

here we have the control levers fitted up. its finally startin t look like a bike again

NeilD

so are the rims just polished?

rybes

no mate. thats powdercoat ;) looks like polished tho.

Rocinante

Truing is not as difficult as one might think. I did it on mine with the wheel mounted on the bike. Simply fixed a steel wire to the forks as a measure of vertical and horizontal alignment, and then spent two-three hours making very small adjustments.

There are some videos and recipes on the net. I´ve lost mine, but google should help.

Fantastic job by the way.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

NeilD

Quote from: "rybes"no mate. thats powdercoat ;).

8)  is that the stuff that Aerocoat do??  were they your old rims ?

MtheTiger

Quoteno mate. thats powdercoat  looks like polished tho.

Very nice rims !
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

rybes

Quote from: "NeilD"
Quote from: "rybes"no mate. thats powdercoat ;).

8)  is that the stuff that Aerocoat do??  were they your old rims ?

yes mate. its the stuff from aerocoat. looks great and better than polished ally cos it only needs rinsin :D highly recomended. im lucky that there 15 mins away.

rybes

las few days been busy spent gettin the tiger almost finished for sept been gettin loads of stuff done n been takin plenty of pics  finally got of me arse and rebuilt the rear shock. wernt as scary a job as i thought it was gunna be. probly easier than forks.
damper thingy pulled out looks like this

damper thingy pulled apart looks like this

and inside the lil ressy thingy youll find all this when ya pull it apart

get a load opf new bits n oil throw it all up in the air and when it lands it should look summink like this

rybes

well, stuff to be painted has gone of to be painted. its finished now too  its now at the sticker mans havin the stickers put on it. here it is on the way to the painters

my new idea for a hover bike. wonder if itll catch on

heres some disc bolts and lever bolts i had made up in stainless. the hex heads were cut by a spark eroder. was right good t watch workin

a spark eroded key way

and the shiney thing is a ...................handguard

why buy new indicators when ya can polish the old ones. polished on right tatty on left

las few days ive been doin all the lil borin jobs the ones that take ages but never seems like ya done anythin. all im waitin for now is the wheels to come back and some clips for the carbs once i got them in ill be turnin the key n pushin that button

rybes

heres the wear on my output shaft and the differnce between an old n new sprocket. lets just hope i dont have t replace it just yet.

rybes

well all i got done was t get the spark plug wires all on their coils n find out what wires fed what coils. thats all ive got to do now till i get the wheels back and some big jubille clips for the carb rubbers. heres the pics of the leads

ramseybella

Did you have to rebuild the head Valves and stuff?

rybes

nah ramsey, i never touched the engine. thats a job for the winter. ive just spied a set of white clocks on ebay. what ya reckon ? look good or not ?

BruKen

Very tidy. Looking good :)