News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Quote from: "rybes"and here we have the sumptious rebuilt rear shock with purple coloured hyperpro spring. also note the new chain, was gunna reuse the one there as it was only a few months old when laid up but mustang scared me :lol:

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :thumbsup  :eusa_clap

rybes

i was jus sat here lookin throo me thread, its good to see it all in bits again  :roll: its at this point id like to thank you all for any help youve gave me while building my tiger :D thanks. i owe you all a pint (and bout 20 straws  :lol: ) and a huge thank you to the forum for bein here. its svaed me a lot of greif n head scratchin. advice for tigers is the best and the how to threads are great.

thanks again  :bowdown  :qgreenjumpers  :wav
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

GavD

Rybes,

I've got a '98 and I've fitted the Venom cans you've got. Mines a bit fluffy about 2-4k revs and I'm not sure if I've got all the crap outa the carbs where she was sat for 3 years or if I need some re-jetting. Is yours running ok in this part of the rev range? If so are you running standard jetting? (I realise we have a different set of carbs, but it might point me in the right direction).

Also was watching yr vids on youtube and noticed you got a weimaraner. me too - 3yr old bitch, nutty as anything. Great dogs tho, wouldn't be without her.

Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rybes

alright Gav

im thinkin of gettin mine rejetted cos its got a hesitant pull away unless ya got a fair few revs n a bit of clutch slip t pull away smooth or its a bit jumpy. then it feels as if it has a smaal but not really noticeable flat spot mid range somewhere. couldnt tell ya the revs it happens at as its such a small thing ive not bothered with it. nex time im out ill have a look a bit more closely n let ya know

GavD

Cheers Rybes,

I was hoping to get mine on the road late summer, but what with getting married and the Mrs starting university it just ain't happened, so I've got the winter to get her completely sorted and finish off my 6 spoke wheel conversion. Although looking at your wheels I'm kinda tempted to do a rebuild on the spoke ones too.

Just gotta find some ££££££££'s

Gav

GavD

Rybes,

I've had some success in the jetting department. I've changed the pilot jets from 38's to 40's and it's totally cleared up the fluffiness low down.

Also popped in some 105 mains at the same time, just need to get her out on a decent run now to see if they've improved things higher up the range.

rybes

cheers Gav, ill give it a go. now do i buy new jets or drill the old ones out  :shock:
been out on it again today and well what can i say ? i need new tyres. got those anakees on it n they dont seem to bad. only problem i found is ive run out of tyre n i still want to get more lean on it. give those plastic rocket jockeys summink to think bout when im right behind em on the twisites  :wink:  jus cant do it with these tyres. so as soon as there worn out ill be fittin some conti road attacks n see how i get on then  8)
only other thing ive got to sort is a sticky front caliper piston and fine tune the suspension so i can really give it beans round the bends. i HAVE to get that center stand scrapin again. then once ive found were it hits i can see it bein drilled and tapped for som titanium bolts  :thumbsup apart from that. feels so good to be back on it :D
anyone considerin a hyperpro spring kit GET ONE ! ! ! the differnce it makes is unbeivable. i swear sometimes it feels more like a race rep than the tractor it is :lol:

rybes

chuffed  :D  i just bought meself a set of headlights for ridin in europe for 35 quid includin postage from greece :D thought itd be handy as ive moved to Denmark  :wink: only guttin bit is theyll be in Denamrk before me bike will  :roll: roll on the end of march 8)

GavD

Hey Rybes,

Been admiring that seat of yours for a coupla weeks, it looks the dogs doodahs. Who did it for ya? and more importantly what was the damage?

I've just picked up a 2nd hand seat of ebay for £10 that I'm looking at getting done, then if I ever sell the bike, put the original back on and sell the smart one seperately.

Hope your enjoying Denmark, visited Aarhus a few years ago, loved it.

Gav

Mustang

Quote from: "GavD"Been admiring that seat of yours for a coupla weeks, it looks the dogs doodahs. Who did it for ya? and more importantly what was the damage?

Gav
that's a corbin Canyon Dual Sport seat and they are about 300 bucks in US

rybes

mustangs right mate, tis a corbin. 40 quid off ebay  :wink:  i thought it was a right result. im not far from aarhus either gav, my girlfriends got a mate there

rf9rider

Gav, Theres a bloke in Wales that can rebuild your seat in a "Corbin style".
He rebuilt my steamer seat, although i only had mine lowered and recovered.
Think he quoted me £150 for the corbin style.
He did an excellent job on mine, heres the details;

http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/

dave NL

Very good build!!  8)

Read the whole thread, found it on a wheel search, since my wheels are fooked I bought set of 2001 model wheels, did you have any problems fitting the front wheel?
Getting the tiger back on the road.

rybes

thanks dave. had no problem at all fitting the front wheel, was a straight swap ;)

dave NL

Nice! hopefully I will receive the rear wheel one of these days, front wheel received! Looks good, I didn`t see it yet since im in singapore for work, but my ol man collected it.

And the 2001 wheels are way better looking then the old ones. Wider rim and St.st spokes!

Thx for the heads up, will stop polluting your topic with my crap  :lol:
Getting the tiger back on the road.