News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybella

Quote from: "rybes"nah ramsey, i never touched the engine. thats a job for the winter. ive just spied a set of white clocks on ebay. what ya reckon ? look good or not ?

Super Sweet so far wish I had a Chicken Coop or something to do my Tiger up, Just have a front pourch!
My carburetors on the 98 are acting up again just set the valves, air filter did a quick clean of the carburetors 5K ago, it starts right up but choke does not work until it gets a little warm and idle won't stay at 15 grand when cold..

Keep up the good work..

NeilD

Quote from: "rybes"ive just spied a set of white clocks on ebay. what ya reckon ? look good or not ?

cant decide on white clocks.. keep looking at them on ebay but i've got other more boring things to buy first - chain n sprocket, tyres, discs etc   :?

I think 'coolhandluke' has got them on his steamer?

rybes

cheers everyone :D so glad you got other bits to buy for ya bike neilD i aint made me mind up on em yet so i need time t think bout it :lol: have you got a set C,H,luke ? if ya have what they look like, have ya got a pic ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rybes

got me wheels back this afternoon. thanks Camilla, thas me mrs ;)  so i got em home put discs n sprocket carrir on em n dropped em off to get the tyres fitted, get em back tmora. tnite see me finally get the front sprocket tightened up, engine fulla oil n water in respective holes. no leaks so far. got the clutch bled and a few other jobs i been waitin for the wheels so i can get do em.
spent las few days rubbin leather conditioner into the seat to take the stiffness out. so far im up to about a pint of stuff n its startin to come back soft again. tmoras gunna see the gettin of a bolt. erm, i forgot it i was so fixed on the wheels i fgot t get this bolt,so still cant start the engine but i can tmora.  :D

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

well thought it was bout time i finished this thread. been waitin f a nice day t take some pics of the completed thing.

well after a horrendus wait of 3 weeks for somthin that i was told would take 3 days, i finally got the wheels back. they looked summink like this

next lot of pics are it slowly goin back tgeva

here we have.....

the seat, took almost a whole bottle of saddle soap before it started to look good. t say it was dry is an understatement

next we have the delightful right hand side air box, dont it look pretty

and the left side, the copperslip has been cleaned off now

oooh look. after a long wait, bodywork is appearin

ya cant see it all yet tho ;)

the left side of the engine finally finished

and here we have the sumptious rebuilt rear shock with purple coloured hyperpro spring. also note the new chain, was gunna reuse the one there as it was only a few months old when laid up but mustang scared me :lol:

rybes

well the bike was sposed to be ready for a run to somerset to another forum i frequents anual meet. so of i went into the garage to work like mad to get it ready for mot in the mornin. this of course means if still got to get it runnin. it aint ran for 2 years and the reason it was laid up was cos it didnt run. so, fingers crossed

as ya can tell it aint soundin well. turns out it was the timin chain adjuster had worn its teeth off, gutted or what.

after a few mins of swearin after that vid and a lil bit of a tantrum, i grew up n looked at the problem. i decided to take the bolt out of the middle of the tmin chain adjuster, remove the bit from the other side n drill n tap it to take a m8 bolt. once id done this was a simple case of runnin a nut down the bolt then a fibre washer and finally the adjusternut. tightened the nut up and slowly tightend up the bolt in the adjuster to take up the slack of the chain. this is what happened

please dont watch this at work or while ya kids are about. if ya do mute it. i got quite excited ya see n ermmm me language aint the best ;)

i couldnt beleive it. sat dead for 2 years n started first push of the button, once i fixed the timin chain adjuster.

that was also with the removable baffles, may i say ive removed em now and it sounds much better

so there you have it, after all this time its finally done. :D

BruKen

Fabulous! Well Done fella :hello2

rybes

NeilD

Quote from: "rybes"

"that dont sound good"  :D  like it, classic understatement!!  :D

good stuff - glad to see it all up and running  8)

BruKen

:D Stunning job. Once again, well done.

BruKen

Quote from: "NeilD"
Quote from: "rybes"

"that dont sound good"  :D  like it, classic understatement!!  :D

good stuff - glad to see it all up and running  8)

Should have heard mine when I tried to start her with the coils in the wrong order. Running backwards a Tigger makes one helluva clunk -thump- wheeze- bang so dont feel poor about it.

rybes

thanks  :D few things im not happy with but they can be done over time as there not important.  well till it starts to annoy me anyway :lol:

gotta larf. after askin you Bruken for the wirtin order for the coils. wernt till i was puttin the lil nick nacks, tool kit n handbook under the seat that i found, in the hand book, the triumph wirin diagram with colours n numbers for the coils. ill try t get it scanned n posted up here somewhere

rf9rider

Nice job mate, Venoms sound nice.

Did you have the baffles out in the last vid as you rode it?

rybes