News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

coffees drunk mate ;) today ive been busy. ive degreased the engine, cleaned the carbs and seperated the exhaust for paintin. anyone know a good heat proof paint ? also, am i right in thinkin that my tigers exhaust is stainless ?it aint magnetic only the rear cans and pipe work are. it seems jus the manifold and balance/link pipe is stainless ? im sure ill be put right if i aint.
so heres the pics of todays spanner twirlin :D

how gutted was i when i realised me cans were rotton. holes in one of em :( how more gutted was i when i never bid for a brand new stainless exhaust that was on ebay yesterday :(
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Hope you remember where all those parts go.  :lol:

As for those stainless cans on Ebay, they usually list a set every week.

And i`ve just resprayed my old cans, i used high temp babecue paint from Homebase.

BruKen

You are far more organised than me :) I can never remember which bolt goes where, so as I disassemble the bike I put all the bolts back where they came from sans the part removed. Pity about those zorsts :(

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "rf9rider"As for those stainless cans on Ebay, they usually list a set every week.

If they were the Motad ones, he probably has more or they will be relisted. try giving Motad a call. I ended up paying 186 for mine.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

got all me powdercoatin stuff back yesterday. so today sees the labourius task of cleanin all the tape goo off, re tap all the threads and make it all clean for puttin back tgeva  
engine gaurd and the swingarm. swingarms done in a textured finish like the frame and various other bits.
so here goes for a day of cleanin up.

oh yeah. im also waitin for a set of front n rear hyperpro springs to turn up a pair of exhausts some bolts n ally bits that are at the anodizers and a big box of goodies from my local triumph stockist
 :D

Colonel Nikolai

I'm ... completely ... overwhelmed. You have large tracts of bike restoration kung fu, man. When it's done it looks like it could easily be better than new. AMAZING WORK!
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

rf9rider

Nice work.

I like that textured finished on the frame, might be doing that to my spare one.  :)

rybes

cheers all :D thanks for ya comments.
well yesterday saw the puttin tgeva of a few bits n pieces. managed to get the frame bolted up, swingarm n yokes. all the bolts been replaced with stainless ones and all copperslipped up too. todays gunna see the cleanin up of all the plastic bits n peices and maybe get em bloted on. exhausts turned up yesterday too :D gunna need a polish but apart from they look like theyll do the job.
heres the pics of yesterdays work. enjoy :D

Bixxer Bob

Jeez Rybes,  I thought my work rate was pretty high :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Geoff D

Looks really nice, who are you using for powder coating & your nuts & bolts??
The older I get the faster I was...

rybes

Quote from: "Geoff D"Looks really nice, who are you using for powder coating & your nuts & bolts??

im usin aerocoat in st olaves http://www.aerocoat.net/ and a local company, westgate fastners for me nuts n bolts  :D

rybes

today saw the cleanin of lots of bits of plastic, the headlight asembly and the fittin of the cleaned bits got as far as i can for today. tmora i gotta go get the bits from the anodizers and ill get a few more bits done. the box of bolts is gettin smaller and im runnin outta powder coated bits. mus be goin well then  :lol:

rybes

rf9rider

Looking good.

Did you find out where that bracket went?  :lol: