News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

:?:  :?:  :?:

So what am I doing wrong. I dont see any pics since May and those are simply displaying a logo disturbing the peace.

:evil:  :sulk:

:D

BruKen

:?:  :?:  :?:

So what am I doing wrong. I dont see any pics since May and those are simply displaying a logo disturbing the peace.

:evil:  :sulk:

:D

rf9rider

Can you see the ones from May showing the Hyperpro stuff or the Triumph bags on the rug?

The ones with the disturbing the peace logo can`t be seen by anyone as you have to log in to that site under Rybes user name, so don`t worry.  :wink:

BruKen

Yep, those are in May and the last of the visable pics.

rybes

right here goes. first the pics no one can see.
nice n shiney bits made up in brushed stainless to replace rusty ones.

the ally bash gaurd thingy made in brushed stainless

brushed thing fitted in

the legend

hopefully thas all the pics taken care ofg ya cant see. now time for more recent ones :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rybes

right more recent pics.

my first set of renthals. bit gutted really, always hoped theyd be on a streetfighter :lol:

exhaust all shot blasted and painted in PJ1 now i jus hope its as good as everyone reckons.

exhaust fitted on

exhaust sump guard n rad fitted up

a pic of it put togeva so far (up till then anyway)

rybes

engine covers removed to be powdercoated.

more covers removed

after spendin hour upon hour lookin at scabby ol hubs i decided to strip the wheels down n get em powder coated n polish the spokes. before

after

rybes

one day not too long ago the postman bought me an ebay purchase that looked like this.

in the box was this lil lot

on the bike they look like this

and

or

got these funny lil baffles too. they went in the scrap bucket :lol:

rybes

got a delivery this week from the states. looked like this. this is coils leads n plugs by nology. cheaper than i could get 3 coils in the uk.

i also been n picked up the brake pipe n fittings to make up all the brake n clutch lines

this is me new renthal kevlar grips. recomended by a mate who rode from london to mongolia on a cbr1000. yes honest

rear brake resovoir n shiney pipe

rybes

pictures from today. i put the brake lines on but aint bled em up yet. gunna wait till i got the wheels on.

top end

calliper end

rear brake line

so that me bike up to date in pics. done some work on the engine too. went throo the tappets n found i gotta replace a few. tryin t sort a rattle the engine had too when it run. ive checked the DAR but cant find boken bolts or bits in that area. everythin seems tight. aint the sprocket cos it wernt that old. any more ideas ?
got a good phone call today. powder coatins ready. so all i need now is the box of gaskets n bits from triumph. some oil n filter. then its change the clutch plates n spring. put on covers. fill with oil. wont be long till i can try n start it. woooohoooo

rf9rider

Coming on well mate.

Hurry up and get it started, i want to know what those Venom cans sound like.  :lol:

MIght get a set for mine if they ain`t TOO loud.  8)

GavD

I've put a set of those Venoms on (with the little baffle fitted) and they give it a nice rasp without being too loud. Your will obviously be a bit louder than mine with no baffle.

Mine runs a bit fluffy up to 4000rpm, but she's been laid up for 3 years so it might be a bit of crud in the pilot circuit even though I've cleaned them out 4 times.

Be interested to hear how yours runs and if you end up rejetting at all.
Mines a 98 running on standard Keihins.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

ramseybella

Quote from: "rybes"got a delivery this week from the states. looked like this. this is coils leads n plugs by nology. cheaper than i could get 3 coils in the uk.

i also been n picked up the brake pipe n fittings to make up all the brake n clutch lines

this is me new renthal kevlar grips. recomended by a mate who rode from london to mongolia on a cbr1000. yes honest

rear brake resovoir n shiney pipe

Whats the braded wires and how do you install them?

Mustang

Quote from: "ramseybella"Whats the braded wires and how do you install them?

they are ground straps for the high tension plug wires .you can hook them to the frame , have em on tigger 2 don't know as if they really do anything but tigger 2 does run pretty damn good and smooth for a bike that's pushin 70 k miles

rybes

right here we are. photos of the last few days. been to the powder coaters n got all me engine covers n wheels back. they look like this

engine covers on the bike look like this. gunna get the triumph bit machined back in the next few days