News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

You might find that the bush is 110mm long already.. :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

funny ya should say that bob. ive jus got off the phone from hyperpro agents over here and it seems, its a gramitcal error because of the translation :wink: so this afternoon im gunna be buildin me forks up :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

Good luck (it's fairly straightforward though)

I put a Hagon on the back of my 'Bird and Hyperpro on the front.  I found the experience of both ends moving in unison instread of pitching back and forth and trying to throw me off quite novel.  I've had the bike since 3,200 miles to the current 58,000 and it never handled that well even when nearly new.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

right, ive had a week off buildin this cos i been n spent a week wiv me missus  got back to a nice pile of bits n pieces for the rebuild. so i been busy this last week. got the forks fitted and wheels in. wheels still need discs puttin on. got the calipers all cleaned n rebuilt, dash board rebuilt n mounted. the pile of powder coated bits keeps gettin smaller. all ive got left over is footpegs. gettin some machined bits for those tmora n theyll go on  this week i can see me sprayin a pile of bits n cleanin up a few las bits to get it all on this week. then its just a few lil odds n sods. like paint n coils
heres the most recent pics for your enjoyment

rybes

ill post up some more pics tmora cos it seems ive reached me maximum upload quota :( gutted

Mustang

after all the hard work and expense ...............at least lie to me and tell me you are going to put on new sneakers and a new chain and sprockets  :shock:

rybes

ill be puttin a new rear sprocket on it jus so it looks better. chain n sprockets on there are less than 3000 miles old. so theyll be stayin ;) the front wheels gunna get a new tyre (sneakers?)  match the rear wich is almost new too :D

Mustang

my bet is with the rust I see on that chain it's not going to last long once you start running it again , based on my own experiences with rusty chains ...........YMMV

rf9rider

And that bottom bracket on the rear brake master cylinder needs a coat of paint.  :lol:

Apart from that, looking good.

rybes

had a look at the chain today mustang. im glad to report back that its only just surface rust. rubs of with ya finger so im guessin the chains gunna be ok :D

well spotted rf. i errr missed that one  :oops: i got some paintin to do this weekend so looks like itll happen then ;)

today was a result. i managed to win meself a corbin seat for me tiger. :D how happy am i. oh wait, i forgot to tell ya how much i paid for it ! 42 quid :D
yes, im happy :D:D only thing that concerns me is the luggage rack looks like it might foul the seat. so do i, keep the seat n loose the rack or keep the rack n loose the seat or get the seat modified to fit around it ? im guessin the last one.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "rybes". oh wait, i forgot to tell ya how much i paid for it ! 42 quid :D

:shock:  :shock:  :shock: Jammy Sod  :wink: good catch.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

I sniped that seat for £41.

At least its going to a good home.  :)

rybes

fancy that biddin against a nother forum user. but i won it  :P  :P  ner ner :lol:. shoulda popped round yours for a cup of teas as i was in the area rf. coulda done with a break ;)

rf9rider

Didn`t go mad on the seat as it was for my next Tiger i`m building, i would have had it recovered etc, more money!
Did you notice if the seller had any more Tiger bits laying around?
Still getting a few bits together over the summer.  :)

rybes

i think he was breakin one rf. he had a few bits on ebay includin a broken engine, so he may well have more bits lyin around

i got his number if ya want it ;)