News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin all.
ive almost finished build my girlfriends streetfighter hopefully by the end of next week wich means one thing, time to rebuild me tiger  :D  after 16 years and almost 58000 miles on the clock.
today saw the delivery of the wheels. from a 2000 tiger. i been told they fit, they look like they fit so fingers crossed. hope they fit got nice behr rims stainless spokes and the rears a nice 4.25 rim over a 3 inch rim room for a nice fat 150  :D i got a long old list of things to do on it so its gunna be busy for weeks. ive got till july to finish it as ive told the missus ill take her to nuremburgring on it. me n my big mouth :roll: heres some pics ive taken of it today, very dusty n sad lookin.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rybes

sorry the pics are so big, i thought id made em small enough  :(

John Stenhouse

Rear brake must work well  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Your girlfriend's got a street fighter and your missus rides pillion  :?

Explain this to me please :new_popcornsmiley

Looks great with big beef rear  anakee, ride report please 8)

Did the hugger come with it? Have you got a makers name?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Your girlfriend's got a street fighter and your missus rides pillion  :?

right sin, my girlfriends got a 'fighter but she has no licence yet. i thought if i built her a bike she might be spurred on to get one  :wink:
the rear hugger i think is a speed triple one, modified.  ill have a look throo all the recipts later. i know ive seen it in one of them. was on there before i got it so dont know much about it. if ya want any more pics lemme know :wink:

john, had t remove it to get it out the garage, its the first time its been moved in bout 2 years. been hidden under a sheet till yesterday :D

NeilD

Quote from: "rybes"
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Your girlfriend's got a street fighter and your missus rides pillion  :?

right sin, my girlfriends got a 'fighter but she has no licence yet. i thought if i built her a bike she might be spurred on to get one  :wink:
:D

I think Sin was wondering if 'the girlfirnd' and 'the missus' were the same person..  :D  :D  :wink:

Interested to hear if the wheels do fit as I need to sort mine at some point..

rybes

Quote from: "NeilD"
Quote from: "rybes"

I think Sin was wondering if 'the girlfirnd' and 'the missus' were the same person..  :D  :D  :wink:

Interested to hear if the wheels do fit as I need to sort mine at some point..

good job she dont come on here or youdve got me right in trouble mate  :lol:  :lol:

and sin, jus been all throo the recipts, found the one for it bein fitted but it jus says hugger 27.97 nuffin bout what its from. sorry mate.

Sin_Tiger

Ah, one and the same, just ye olde euphamism. I was about to give you big  :notworthy for keeping two women and two bikes going.

No intention of getting you in the  :Topes apologies.

Thanks for checking that for me, reason I asked is I don't like the looks of the extended rear fender and debating whether to go with a hugger or go with a BMVV type dog pi$$ gaurd type thingy.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

MIMbox

Just some info for you, This is my '96 with 150 rimmed wheel from a later S/S spoked wheel. Fits fine, no mods required.
Secondly, the Hugger is a genuine Triumph part used on other models. It fits on the chain side ok, but needs a small mod on the brake side. In my case a bolt hole, in Reibers, tie raps. Yo need to remove the mount on this side, because the model it fits has an under swingarm brake and torque arm.

Sin_Tiger

Hmmm, which models do you think I should be looking for if I want to pick up a 2nd hand rim & hugger?

rybes

the ones i got sin are off a 2000 fi model. if ya want a standard rim tho, i got a good rear with a tyre on it and matchin front tyre thatll be up f grabs soon ;) altho my guess is ya gunna be wantin the wider rim :D

MIMbox

Not that I spend all day on ebay, but this is the type of Hugger you probably want. This is in gloss black, but may have been painted.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-DAYTONA-9 ... 4a9f1fe4f6

Sin_Tiger

Rybes, yup I should have said that I'd be after a 4.25 rim, might be able to pick up a DID or Excel locally rather than try to bring from the UK. Drop me a PM if you are passing up your old wheels, Ta.

MIMbox, well spotted, got my eye on that, Ta.

ramseybella

Quote from: "rybes"sorry the pics are so big, i thought id made em small enough  :(
So the whole rim, hub and Rotor came off a 2000 Tiger?
Is the Caliper from the 2000 as well any Mods to do to fit this all together?
How well does it ride?

Like to do this to my 98!!

rybes

mornin all  :D

well its time to start work on me trumpf and i cant wait. got meself a list of to doos so in case ya intersted here they are.

suspension rebuild. new springs all round

all painted and powder coated bits re powder coated

anodisin bits that need it

seat to be recovered. gotta make comfy as im doin 3000 miles on its first trip out

repaint. unsure wether to go the sticker route or airbrushin. price is bout the same so dont really matter which

plus all the seals, pads n other assorted do dahs that need doin. jus to top it all off i gotta get it done by june the 2nd as im of t the nuremburgerring another reason to get it done is constant earache of me missus and i like a quiet life  :lol: may the strip down commence

watch this space as id like someone to count the, "itll be done by the end of the week" s :lol: