News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2014 Meet in Scotland

Started by Sin_Tiger, September 01, 2013, 02:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fross

Quote from: chairhead on April 16, 2014, 07:41:42 AM
Fort Augustus for me too,

i'll be under canvas though, none of this sissy sharing malarkey  :pottytrain2  :love10....  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:  :icon_lol:
:iagree I also agree to the food at Applecross, its great. Book me a seat at the table please  :eusa_clap Do I need to phone the camp site to book?
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Fross

Just checking. Is it Cumberlands Campsite? http://cumberlands-campsite.com

If it is, Google maps tells me its 537 miles from my home. A good days ride, I'll leave nice and early :thumbsup
2005 Tiger plus a few Norton's dating from 1951 to 1972. New winter bike Kawasaki W650.
British Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

aesdj

Just to add my two peneth. Fort Augustus campsite/lodge for me and camping's my choice. Sin whats the plan for meeting at night as some people (Mat Tiger for 1) will be at different locations unless everyone agrees to use the campsite/lodge as that seems the favoured place and it has both options. Although I think Mat has booked in to a B+B already. If that's the case ignore the above. What times the ride Saturday as I'd like to get a full english order'd at the campsite/lodge.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: aesdj on April 16, 2014, 11:26:35 PM
Sin whats the plan for meeting at night as some people (Mat Tiger for 1) will be at different locations unless everyone agrees to use the campsite/lodge as that seems the favoured place and it has both options. Although I think Mat has booked in to a B+B already.

All booked aesdj! But I'm sure the pub will only be a short taxi ride away! :friday :occasion14  :thumbsup
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

B & B's are around 1/2" a mile from the town and campsite, so 10-15mins walk at the outside, it's one of the benefits of this location.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Even Better!!! :icon_biggrin: Within staggering distance! Lol... :new_all_coholic
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: Fross on April 16, 2014, 10:51:27 PM
Just checking. Is it Cumberlands Campsite? http://cumberlands-campsite.com

If it is, Google maps tells me its 537 miles from my home. A good days ride, I'll leave nice and early :thumbsup

Yes, Cumberlands, if you're riding up on the Friday post up and maybe you can meet up with some others, takes the edge off a long ride like that.

Please make your own bookings guys, it'll be hard for me to keep track while overseas.

Can't believe it's still three months away.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

I just had a look at the the Benleva website to see what Ales they had as a guide, they are now fully booked for that weekend  :bug_eye, just as well we've gone for Fort Augustus then. It's an indication of how quick things are filling up, get your skates on  :wheel

Spud

will be booking campsite this weekend, do we have to book meals at Applecross in advance ? I pretty sure I will be travelling up from Stourbridge on the Friday

cheers Spud  :thumbsup

Sin_Tiger

Once I have a total number, lets say by next week, I will book the Applecross, I spoke to them when we were up last week just to be sure.

blacktiger

That should be popular in Wales.  :mut

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: blacktiger on April 18, 2014, 04:30:29 PM

That should be popular in Wales.  :mut

You've already offended the 800 forum and gotten banned  :icon_mrgreen: so better be careful here  :icon_wink:

You might want to post up the brief details if they don't want to be bothered registering here (I can understand that)

fraser j ross

Fort A for me will book a room for Sat. :thumbsup

blacktiger

I've just reserved a room in the Richmond House Hotel for me and a mate. Get praying for decent weather boys.