News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shock on it's last legs

Started by NortonCharlie, October 13, 2013, 01:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cba191

Yep. I hope that they are decent human beings and don't screw me over. I just don't want to waste another weekend on it. I still have the electrical, the new aux lights, and the forks to do. I'm also goi g to install a scottoiler.  Too much to do and not enough time. The killer is that this weekend looks like it might be good riding weather. :(
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

Sin_Tiger

Don't be, you live and learn mate. I suspect your difficulty may have been less than exact dowels making the alignment a problem for you. Those little presses come in handy for a lot of things that you might not originally have considered, so that's not necessarily money wasted either.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

cba191

Harbor freight has a 90 day return policy. I'll probably return it just because it wasn't able to perform adequately for the one job I wanted it to do.
'02 Tiger.  She's the awesome sauce

blacktiger

I'm sure I used to have a sticky on this subject.
Anyway, FYI, you can easily make a puller to extract that bush.
Get some 10mm studding. Enough to reach from one side of the pivot to the other plus about 150mm, 6".
Screw on a couple of nuts onto one end and tighten them against each other.
Grid the nuts round to about 15mm diameter so that they'll fit through the hole in the swingarm.
You'll end up with it looking like this.

To use it you'll also need a piece of wood, 2"x 2", drill a 12mm/1/2" hole through the wood. Then you push the studding through and wind out the bush with a large spanner. Picture paints a thousand words.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.