News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got the bike home

Started by rf9rider, November 29, 2009, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocinante

Quote from: "Mustang"Dag
If it is in fact the one for the link you posted it is correct

now for the rest of the story .......
if you didn't like the stock one that was on your triumph you are not going to like the SW Motech stand ............they are one and the same

Guess who made the original steamer stand

Bugger.  I have a single leg jack stand or whatever it´s called, which has been with me for years. Guess I´ll keep it even though it´s far from ideal.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

rf9rider

Good news for a change!
Got the carbs cleaned and set up back to standard, and new stainless cap bolts have replaced all the chewed up screws.
Back on the bike and fired up first time, seems to run fine at idle and when revved.
Just have to have a run out on the road and see how it goes.
The needles have some wear, but that can wait until next winter when i`ll do a proper and full refurb.
Just have to sort that leaky tap next................
 :lol:

rf9rider

Even better news, out on my first ride today, i`m well impressed.
Seems to run and ride fine, even the suspension which felt too soft in the garage feels quite good.
Speed surprised me for a big and heavy bike, its got a lot of pull.
And its quite agile through the twisties, i think this ones a keeper!  :lol:

Mustang

Quote from: "rf9rider"Speed surprised me for a big and heavy bike, its got a lot of pull.
a good rider can embarrass a squid on a sportbike  and man do they hate it !
 :thumbsup

Nick Calne

Quote from: "rf9rider"Even better news, out on my first ride today, i`m well impressed.
Seems to run and ride fine, even the suspension which felt too soft in the garage feels quite good.

...and we have another addict!  Glad you like it.  What a beautiful day for the the first ride eh?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

aeronca

right on bro, glad to see you finally get her out. it looks good to 8).  ride safe.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

NeilD

Quote from: "rf9rider"Even better news, out on my first ride today, i`m well impressed.

yep, spot on there...  and its always more satisifying riding something quickly that on paper looks like it shouldnt be capable of it...  :D

rf9rider

Warmest day of the year so far made it even better.  :D

Just need to buy some new kit, my two piece leathers are a bit too tight.

Reckon they must have shrunk?  :oops:

NeilD

yep it was nice yesterday - had a bimble around the Wolds, ended up sitting in the sun eating ice cream - only ruined by having to do a nightshift...!  have to get Bixxer Bob out for that coffee at Webbs sometime..

rf9rider

Been out for a few more miles today, then had my orders to carry on with some work i`m doing in the house.
I`ve ordered a new Pingel fuel tap, same price as original tap, but at least its rebuildable.
On a good note, i`ve sent my spare seat away to have it lowered and recovered, as although i`m just under 6 feet tall, i can only reach the floor on tippy toes, makes it a job to move the bike around.  :oops:
I`ll put some pics up and let you know how it goes.  :lol:

rybes

stop tellin me about how good your rides out are. my tigerific is still in pieces :P and me 7/12 gixxer has jus broke its rear caliper bracket :( gutted or what. 3 bikes n cant ride any of em :lol:

glad ya havin a good time on ya bike, ill be out on mine soon enuff............................i hope  :?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

ramseybella

Quote from: "rybes"stop tellin me about how good your rides out are. my tigerific is still in pieces :P and me 7/12 gixxer has jus broke its rear caliper bracket :( gutted or what. 3 bikes n cant ride any of em :lol:

glad ya havin a good time on ya bike, ill be out on mine soon enuff............................i hope  :?

I am chomping at the bit I want to ride so bad I almost am about to pull the trigger on Craig's list for a 1981 KTM 420 MX for $450.00 just to ride something.
We are having one heck of a time getting the timing chain to stay tight on my tiger after we installed the cams back did everything in the book its tense then after torque the cam caps it went slack!!

Mustang

:icon_scratch  :icon_scratch
are you making sure you have all the slack pulled out of the chain on the front side before it goes over the exhaust cam sprocket ?

And are you making sure the tensioner is pressed in before you put the spring and cap on ?

Now you know why some folks like the shim tool ..........so you don't create more problems for yourself ! :roll:  :wink:

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang":icon_scratch  :icon_scratch
are you making sure you have all the slack pulled out of the chain on the front side before it goes over the exhaust cam sprocket ?

And are you making sure the tensioner is pressed in before you put the spring and cap on ?

Now you know why some folks like the shim tool ..........so you don't create more problems for yourself ! :roll:  :wink:

All is well Mustang, I bought some 240 shims hope this will work still zero clearance on two valves so my local guy gave me some 235's just incase the 240's don't make clearance..
Oh yes I won't touch the chain tensioner until I put the spring cap in. :oops:
I think I can do this with my eyes closed now..
Another thing the carb filter was a little under halfway full of trash bought  an in line to replace it..
Thanks for your help.

rf9rider

Quick update, Just got my spare seat back after having it re-covered and lowered by around an inch.
Impressed by the quality and workmanship.
I can now reach the floor more comfortably.  :lol:

Big thanks to Dave at  http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/