News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got the bike home

Started by rf9rider, November 29, 2009, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Almost forgot, had a delivery today.

Been looking to fit a set of white dial clocks.

With the Trophy front end set up, they should work ok, although the rev counter reads a little higher.

Mustang

Quote from: "rf9rider"The Tiger rides and handles so much better with the 3 spoke wheels.

Like being on rails isn't it ? Me like
The Triumph 3 spoke rims will bend like a wet noodle or soft butter on potholes and mild off road stuff .........been there already with mine  :(

rf9rider

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "rf9rider"The Tiger rides and handles so much better with the 3 spoke wheels.

Like being on rails isn't it ? Me like
The Triumph 3 spoke rims will bend like a wet noodle or soft butter on potholes and mild off road stuff .........been there already with mine  :(

So much better than the old spoked wheels.

Won`t be taking this one off road, and i`ll try to avoid the potholes, but the UK roads are full of them.

rf9rider

Couple more things done.

Fitted the new clocks, straight fit, no problems, just plugs straight in to the Tiger loom, looks a lot better in my opinion.

Drilled and re-tapped new threads on the Alcon calipers, but need to drill out the mounting holes on the fork lowers as the new stainless bolts are bigger due to having to go up one size in the caliper threads.

Pics to follow later.  :)

rf9rider

Heres the clocks fitted, clock looks out of place but i`m looking for a white dial face volt meter to replace that.  :)

NeilD

looking good - been looking at the white faced clocks and couldnt decide if I liked 'em or not, but agree they do look good..  does you clock work? if you're going to get rid then I'd be interested as mine has some missing lines so not always sure how much past the hour it is!

rf9rider

Quote from: "NeilD"looking good - been looking at the white faced clocks and couldnt decide if I liked 'em or not, but agree they do look good..  does you clock work? if you're going to get rid then I'd be interested as mine has some missing lines so not always sure how much past the hour it is!

Clock works fine, as soon as i get a volt meter its yours.

PM me your address and i`ll send it unless your down this way the feel free to call in and collect it.  :)

rf9rider

Sorted the Alcons.

Just need to soften the front end up now.

Got some old plastic water pipe that will do the job, so hoping for dry weather tomorrow to get out and try different length top spacing.  :)

NeilD

Quote from: "rf9rider", so hoping for dry weather tomorrow.....

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

dont be silly, its BMF weekend!

cheers ref the clock, I'll have a run over and pick it up when you're ready..

rf9rider

Quote from: "NeilD"
Quote from: "rf9rider", so hoping for dry weather tomorrow.....

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser :ImaPoser

dont be silly, its BMF weekend!

cheers ref the clock, I'll have a run over and pick it up when you're ready..

No worries, still trying to find a volmeter to match the clocks, white face with orange needle at a decent price.

And you were right, rained again.  :cry:

rf9rider

Been a while since i added to this, so here goes.
MOT is due today at midday, been over the bike, shouldn`t see no reason for a fail.
I`ve swapped the 3 spoke wheels for my newly powder coated 6 spoke Trident wheels with new tyres, the 3 spokes were leaking air around the rims, tyre fitter said the insides were a little rough, they need shot blasting and repainting, so i`ll save those for the project bike.
Bought another front mudguard, the old one was damaged around one of the mounts, it will be painted as soon as possible.
I sold the Alcon 6 pot calipers as i got an offer i couldn`t refuse from a Daytona Super 111 owner who`s rebuilding it and wanted it original.
Also sold my cut down seat and re used the original blue one.
JUst replaced the battery as old one wasn`t holding a charge. so hopefully thats it for the summer!

:lol:

rybes

fingers crossed for the mot mate. hope the suns out too for when it passes and ya can take it for a tear around  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Cheers mate, needs tax as well, post office shuts at 1-00pm so a quick dash from MOT centre to post office is on the cards if it passes ok  :lol:

rf9rider

Well it passed!
Couple of advisories, brake pedal pivot pin worn, and rear brake pulsing, suspect the disc is warped.
I have a new pin and disc on the way.
Missed the post office but applied for tax online, so should be on the road mid next week  :D
Took the long way home, rides and runs pretty good, just got to balance the carbs and its sorted.

rf9rider

After fitting the Trident 6 spoke wheels, the rear is a little higher than ever, reason is the rear is an 18 inch wheel compared to the 17 inch 3 spokes.
I decided to spin the eccentric adjusters 180 degrees to lower it, and can now touch the floor comfortably.
Just needs a longer bolt and a spacer for the rear of the chainguard as this needs raising around an inch.
Heres how its looking at the moment, next job is to spray the front mudguard  :D