News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got the bike home

Started by rf9rider, November 29, 2009, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

The front discs on mine are 310mm.

I think the oem`s are 276mm?

R0B

Just out of interest, were the fork lengths the same to the spindle on the original tiger forks and the new trophy forks?. Will you be inverting the rear spindle?. I have a set of six pot Tokico's that will be going on. Did you retain the 14mm master cylinder?

Rob

rf9rider

Rob, can`t find my list of original measurements, on mine now, from the top of the forks (level with top yoke) to the spindle centre is approx 923mm.

Leaving the rear for now as its looks ok, but won`t know until i`ve ridden it as still awaiting brake pads and speedo cable.

Still using the original master cylinder, but i`ve read elsewhere about upgrading to a 5/8th master.

Will post up once i`ve ridden it.

rf9rider

Just a correction on my previous post.

The Tiger speedo cable is shorter than the Daytona.

Just found out after my new Tiger cable arrived and is too short.  :oops:

rf9rider

A little more info on the speedo cable.
Been on the phone with Sandy at Triumphant who tells me that no oem speedo cable will fit with the front end conversion, you need to get one made up.
He gave me the contact details who do this, Venhill engineering, the company who make the brake/clutch lines.
Have just spoken to them, they need my original cable as a pattern, then they can make one up to suit my needs.
Its going to cost around £40.
More expense!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

rf9rider

If i had no bad luck, i`d have no luck at all.  :?

New front pads arrived this morning, new stainless pad retaining pins, all fitted, brakes bled, all ready for a test ride to try the front forks out.

Moved bike off the centre stand, front felt a little heavy to turn.

First thoughts i`d tightened the steering head bearings too much.

Nope, they`re fine.

Looked at front tyre, its flat.

On closer inspection, i found a shard of metal in the tyre, its as flat as a witches tit.  :shock:

More expense, going to order a pair of tyres in the morning.

I sent my speedo cable off this morning to be lengthened by 10 inches, bet that gets lost in the post!  :lol:

I`m off to my bed.  :(

Sin_Tiger

That would drive you to  :new_all_coholic
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

No time to drink Sin, my bad luck continued...................

A couple of weeks ago, we bought my wife an 03 Fazer 600.

Had a good look round it, test drove it, all fine.

Got it home, then we had a couple of weeks of rain, so left it in the garage, started it every couple of days, all fine.

Then we had a nice, warm, dry day, so i start it up, get it out of the garage onto the road, switched it off while my wife puts on her bike gear.

I talk it through with her, she gets on, tries to start it, won`t start!  :cry:

So i have a go, won`t start.

I eventually got it going by bump starting it, she then went for a short ride, not too far away from home just in case.

Got back, turned it off, into the garage, won`t start.

Tried bump starting it, nothing.

So, out with the multimeter, all checked out ok, only no spark.

Only thing it could be was the alarm/immobiliser, so after messing around with that, i decided enough was enough and ripped it out.  :evil:

I`ve spent the last two afternoons sorting out the wiring, re-soldering and heat shrinking it all.

Everythings fine now, starts, everything works, although i did go through a few fuses connecting wires up wrongly, as all the alarm wires are the same colour.

One good thing to come out of it, the Fazer came with a Givi Wingrack fitted, thats now off and waiting to be fitted to the Tiger at some stage.  :D

rf9rider

And did i mention my car....................... :evil:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "rf9rider"One good thing to come out of it, the Fazer came with a Givi Wingrack fitted, thats now off and waiting to be fitted to the Tiger at some stage.  :D

Jeez, have you upset any Pikey's recently  :shock:

Still the wingracks are a definate score, more use than rocking horse pooh as well, surprised your wife didn't get suspicious about the purchase reasons, thoughts of buying a new tumble dryer for your anniversary  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "rf9rider"One good thing to come out of it, the Fazer came with a Givi Wingrack fitted, thats now off and waiting to be fitted to the Tiger at some stage.  :D

Jeez, have you upset any Pikey's recently  :shock:

Still the wingracks are a definate score, more use than rocking horse pooh as well, surprised your wife didn't get suspicious about the purchase reasons, thoughts of buying a new tumble dryer for your anniversary  :lol:

It was our 19th anniversary last week, i just bought her some flowers, can`t believe they haven`t died yet!  :lol:

rf9rider

The saga continues.

Tyre arrived Friday afternoon, wrong size.

The tyre i ordered is now no longer available, so they are sending me a better tyre at no extra cost.

Won`t be here until Tuesday.

New speedo cable also arrived.

At least i got my truck back from the workshop.  :lol:

rf9rider

Well, my Truck has been sorted and running ok now.  :D

The correct size tyre arrived yesterday, tyre fitter should be here later this afternoon.

Wonder what can go wrong between then and now.  :lol:

Although the Sky + box went tits up over the weekend, new one arrived yesterday and all working well so far...............

rf9rider

Tyre fitted, nothing wrong so far............... :lol:

Getting up early today to fit the wheel and hopefully get a quick ride before work.

Bet it pours with rain.  :roll:

rf9rider

Well, Friday poured with rain.

Anyway, finally got out on the bike over the weekend and wow!

The Tiger rides and handles so much better with the 3 spoke wheels.

Its a lot stiffer up front, probably too stiff but i`ll have a play with the top spacers in the forks, maybe shorten them a bit to see what difference that makes, although i did use 15 wt oil, maybe change back to 10 wt after i`ve ridden it a bit.

I "over guestimated" the speedo cable length, needs to be a couple of inches shorter, but it works ok for now.

Well happy for the moment.  :D