News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got the bike home

Started by rf9rider, November 29, 2009, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachgeo

how much that seat lower cost you with shipping from UK?

I got a good spare OEM and a ripped Corbin (think it is) as a base for some lowering magic.

I'm 5'8
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

rf9rider

Quote from: "coachgeo"how much that seat lower cost you with shipping from UK?

I got a good spare OEM and a ripped Corbin (think it is) as a base for some lowering magic.

I'm 5'8

Cost was £65 plus i paid shipping both ways, so worked out around £90 altogether.
Well worth the money in my opinion.  :D

Sin_Tiger

Nice understated job. Hope you don't mind if I use those pics to try to get mine done locally.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Nice understated job. Hope you don't mind if I use those pics to try to get mine done locally.

Help yourself.  :)

coachgeo

Quote from: "rf9rider"...
Cost was £65 plus i paid shipping both ways, so worked out around £90 altogether.
Well duhhhh.. not sure why I was thinking you were in USA. Says UK right thar on the left of the screen
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

rf9rider

Quote from: "coachgeo"
Quote from: "rf9rider"...
Well duhhhh.. not sure why I was thinking you were in USA. Says UK right thar on the left of the screen

I did wonder why you asked  :D

ALthough i`ll be over in the USA end of June, volcano ash permitting.  :shock:

rf9rider

Its getting there.  :)

Swapped wheels etc with Crustycrutch, and heres where i`m up to.

Small problem with the front calipers, sorting them out this week, and i finally got round to stripping and cleaning the rear caliper, and putting new pads in.

I also rebuilt the forks that i used on the bike, Steamer stanchions into Trophy lowers, which i had powdercoated.

Pretty straightforward, i used the Steamer spring, and all the other innards from the Trophy.

I used the Steamer fork oil measurement, new bushes and damper rod seals, new fork oil seals and dust seals.

Haven`t had a chance to ride it yet, due to no brakes.

The Daytona forks are a bit shorter than the ones i rebuilt, so using them for now, will try the Daytona forks sometime in the future.

A pic of the forks to compare the size.

Heres how the bike looks at the moment.

Also waiting on a new speedo cable, i swapped mine for the shorter Daytona one, and need to replace a couple of bulbs in the dash.

NeilD

presume thats a daytona front mudguard?

rf9rider

Quote from: "NeilD"presume thats a daytona front mudguard?

I presume it is too, came with the swap.

Looks like it.  :)

NeilD

out of interest did you try the tiger 'guard on the there?

rf9rider

Quote from: "NeilD"out of interest did you try the tiger 'guard on the there?

No, don`t think it will fit as the forks are set apart wider than the Tiger.

NeilD

which front calipers are you using?  did the forks come with the daytone 4-pot calipers? if so when you get a chance coudl you measure the distance between mounting holes.. (just wondering if they'll fit steamer lowers)

rf9rider

Quote from: "NeilD"which front calipers are you using?  did the forks come with the daytone 4-pot calipers? if so when you get a chance coudl you measure the distance between mounting holes.. (just wondering if they'll fit steamer lowers)

The forks i got in the swap are fully adjustable Daytona jobbies.

The calipers are six pot Alcons  with the Triumph logo on them.

Had to get another set due to the threads being stripped on them, ended up with a pair of Nissin 4 pots to get me by, mounting holes are 90mm apart.

rf9rider

Neil, heres the calipers.

Both are 90mm mounting hole centres

Six pot Alcons

Four pot nissins

NeilD

cheers.. you seem to be able to pick them up quite cheaply and was wondering if they would fit on the Tiger lowers... although thinkign about ti the disc onthe tiger is smaller.. hmmm