News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got the bike home

Started by rf9rider, November 29, 2009, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

nice one that it passed  :D  glad to hear you got lost on the way home too  :lol:  always makes things more adventurous  :wink: now stop readin ya post and go get that mudguard painted so ya can go enjoy it when ya tax gets in  8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

R0B

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the inverted rear spindle...........I read in one of mustang's posts that he fitted a Touratech 955i tiger rear chainguard....looks good. The trident wheels actually look very good..............Have you told your insurance company about the changes, and what did they say?.............Hopefully I'll get mine finished when I get back from my holiday.........can't wait!!

rf9rider

Hey Rob, good time on hols?

I prefer the look of the 6 spokes to the 3 spokes, bugger to clean though!

Haven`t ridden it yet with the rear lowered, been pissing with rain all day plus i`m waiting for the tax disc to arrive.

Insurance company told about the wheels, no difference to price for it.

I`m making a temporary inch high spacer for the rear chainguard bolt, but will look into the Touratech mudguard, but i think Mustang fitted that to his bike, not his wifes lowered one?

The front end has improved since i shortened the top spacers, but i want to ride a few more miles before i decide if it`s too hard, did around 30 miles on it back from MOT, felt ok.

Need to sort the mirrors too, can`t see much behind, just my arms/elbows.

And now the rear is lowered, its a lot harder getting it up on the centrestand.

Mustang

it works on a lowered tigger too !
the front mount shares the bolt with the chain strip rather than the seperate bolt in the swingarm for a steamer plastic chain guard

rybes

Quote from: "rf9rider"Need to sort the mirrors too, can`t see much behind, just my arms/elbows.

try a set of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Triumph-Mirrors-R ... 45f9391409

i had the same prob as you. these made a world of differnce and i can actually see whats behind me now. cant remember where i got mine from but it wernt hong kong so have a hunt and you should find em ok :D

rf9rider

Cheers Chaps.
Another couple of jobs to add to the list................ :lol:

rf9rider

I finally got to get out and ride this afternoon, lowering the rear has somehow stopped the bike wallowing, front end feels fine.
Think thats it for this year, just going to be putting a few more miles on her over the summer.
Still got the other project Steamer to work on, i`ll keep ya posted  :lol:

rf9rider

Been a while since i posted in this one, been out for a last ride today before i put it up for sale, still runs and rides good, couple of little jobs to do, got to replace the rear light and replace the front mudguard.

Will be sorry to see this one go  :cry:

rybes

:cry: just how much is this paint job you want ?

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes":cry: just how much is this paint job you want ?

:lol:

The bits i`m selling will be enough for the paint job mate, selling this one as no need for two bikes plus i got other things to do  8)

rybes

Quote from: "rf9rider"selling this one as no need for two bikes

i hope Camilla dont see that. i had to argue with her why i needed 3 bikes and want another 4 :lol:

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"
Quote from: "rf9rider"selling this one as no need for two bikes

i hope Camilla dont see that. i had to argue with her why i needed 3 bikes and want another 4 :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I used to have around 5 bikes a couple of years ago, wife complained i never spent anytime indoors, so i`ve had to downsize a little.

Just the one Steamer will be enought to keep me busy, aleays got an idea or two to keep me busy.  :)

Sin_Tiger

I found a way around that problem . . . . . Live on a different continent  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Last job done on this one, before it goes up for sale  :cry:

I finally got round to finishing the front mudguard, couldn`t find a decent match for the caspian blue, so did it in black.

Rubbed down and cut out a vent, something different  :lol:

A few coats of primer

Sprayed and fitted

Nick Calne

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I found a way around that problem . . . . . Live on a different continent  8)

Hardcore solution, Sin.  Gotta admire your commitment to bikes!  8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?