News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Headers look nice, I am almost committed to getting mine ceramic coated so interested to hear how the paint works out, which paint did you use?

If you haven't already done it, have a look inside the headers at the inlet, I ground a considerable amount of excess weld out of there, hopefully it will help the gas flow!
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

I used high temp bbq paint from Homebase.
I used the same paint on a set of pipes i had on my Thunderace, that turned out ok.

rybes

im thinkin i mate have t pop down n see this ;)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

badejo

Quote from: "rf9rider"Bought some bits from Ebay last week, guy said he was thinking of selling his Steamer, had a chat on the phone, not too far away from me, so with the bike trailer hitched up, off i go to have a look.
It`s a `94, 30,000 miles with all MOT certs to prove the mileage, sprag clutch and crank sensor replaced last year, valves and full service done last month, new Venom cans, Scottoiler, brand new Hepco Becker crash bars and new Hagon shock thrown in for me to fit.
Bikes pretty much as standard, few little marks here and there but it`s pretty tidy, and a lot better condition than my current one.
So now i have 2 full bikes, plus another minus engine in bits!
Plan is to make one really good one out of the 3, then sell all the leftovers
 :lol:
Here`s a few pics, i`ll put some more up in the daylight.

are you using the crashbars in the final photo?
honda xl 500s\'81 off road trainer
triumph tiger 855 \'93
honda cb 550 \'76 caferacer project
suzuki gsxr 1000 \'03
kawasaki zxr 750 h2 \'89
suzuki bandit gsf600s \'00
live to ride ,ride to forget

rf9rider

At this stage, yes, i`m using the bars.
If i change my mind i`ll let you know  :)

badejo

honda xl 500s\'81 off road trainer
triumph tiger 855 \'93
honda cb 550 \'76 caferacer project
suzuki gsxr 1000 \'03
kawasaki zxr 750 h2 \'89
suzuki bandit gsf600s \'00
live to ride ,ride to forget

rybes

DAMMIT !! just been out to the garage and had a look at all the parts ive got to do the conversion. if me bike was here itd be done this afternoon. im off now to sulk  :(

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"DAMMIT !! just been out to the garage and had a look at all the parts ive got to do the conversion. if me bike was here itd be done this afternoon. im off now to sulk  :(

Where are you now? Denmark or England?

And which country is the bike in now?

And don`t look here over the weekend, got a lot more to do
 :lol:

rybes

im in england today till thurs and bikes in denmark.  :cry: snot fair  :lol:

rf9rider

I see.
Can`t you take your bits home with you?

rybes

nah, i wanna get it all powder coated before i get it all fitted. im off out in the garage in a bit to see what i can strip down ready for the powder coaters. see what bits need machinin and over the nex few weeks get it all done. then ill see about gettin it all there or bringin the bike here to swap it all out. oh and i need another set of tiger forks  :wink:

rf9rider

I`m off out to the garage now, check your PM`s later, i maybe can help out with the forks  :wink:

rf9rider

Little more done today.

Removed the rear wheel and swing arm and did a bit of cleaning up, this thing is covered in oil, grease, road grime and god knows what!  :lol:

As i`ve found before on this one, more loose bolts, the swing arm pivot bolt was only finger tight!  :shock:

Looking a little cleaner

rf9rider

With the swing arm off, all the bearings etc were greased and lubed,and time for a new rub strip, rub block amd got the new chain fitted, as it was easier to fit the chain link in the chain on the bench and then fit it over the swing arm before fitting that back on  :)

And here`s the chain type i fitted, always used DID and been happy with them

rf9rider

Finally i could get the rear wheel fitted, looks quite smart, if i say so myself!  :lol:

Will need a new rear tyre before next summer, as this one`s a little flat in the middle