News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Tiger Meet 3-5 Jul 2015..where when etc... the serious stuff!

Started by threepot, February 05, 2015, 07:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Route details to follow.

Attendees:

JDub - camping
GavD + 1 - bunkhouse
Nick Calne - fair weather camper
Threepot - bunking??
Spud - camping
Geoff9116 - camping
Matt-Tiger1 - Hotel
GeoffW - bunk??
PeteH-bunking

Details of accommodation / links to follow once I've checked them out. As per usual, I'll provide the options but it's up to you to book your own.

95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Threepot is going to post agreed details of the meet here.  Anything other than serious questions will be deleted, banter on the other thread please.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

threepot

Hi guys. I must congratulate SinT for a brilliant job with the Scotland meet last year! :thumbsup  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. It was my first visit on a bike,and definitely not my last! The Glencoe Pass is calling me!! :love10
I'll think you'll agree,there are a few 'ingredients' that make a successful meet..attendees(that's up to you) ,weather(fingers crossed), location and accommodation. I think Rhayader is suitable,good campsite,hotels,pubs and restaurants. Rideout on Saturday,I've sort of got a route planned which will take in some nice,scenic roads around the Brecon Beacons. Then head West. I propose a lunch stop at the Havod Hotel at Devils bridge. I can enquire about menu etc. I have already spoken to them. Ride up the coast,then head back towards the Elan Valley dams. Then maybe book tables at the Lamb and Flag in Rhayader for an evening dinner?
If anyone is coming a day early,maybe a visit to the South Wales Borderers museum in Brecon? Battle at Rorkes Drift fame. This is an initial plan at the moment OK,but it gives us a base to work on :icon_wink:

95 Super111
96 Tiger

GavD

3pot,

bit of a change on my part, got a speed nipple riding mate who wants to tag along but is really not a camper, can we both put our names down for the bunkhouse please.

I may have a rocket 3 interested too, but I'll let ya know when/if he gets clearance from HQ.

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

threepot

Quote from: GavD on February 07, 2015, 11:40:27 AM
3pot,

bit of a change on my part, got a speed nipple riding mate who wants to tag along but is really not a camper, can we both put our names down for the bunkhouse please.

I may have a rocket 3 interested too, but I'll let ya know when/if he gets clearance from HQ.
Rocket3,that rules out any green lane riding then :augie Love the R3 though :thumbsup. I'm tempted with 'bunking' myself?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Spud

aesdj

Looks like you've got everything in hand 3pot  :thumbsup. Sounds like it's going to be a good meet already (weather permitting). Could you please edit the first post to include links to the b+b, bunkhouse, camping sites. I take it were booking our own accommodation like we've always done. Only asking as some of the posts read as if your booking them for us.

threepot

I'm going to check out the bunkhouse at the Lamb and Flag. Hope to do that soon,and post some pics OK. With regards to campsite and hotels..thats up to you guys. There is a good campsite,and a few hotels if thats your thing?
http://www.wyesidecamping.co.uk/home.html
The campsite is a short walk from the town,and has good facilities.
http://www.booking.com/city/gb/rhayader-aireborough.html?aid=303948;label=rhayader-aireborough-GAtv*EHL*NL1g_w1dqJy*AS27320145861:pl:ta:p110:p2:ac:ap1t1:neg;ws=&gclid=CPbeqq2b08MCFcvKtAodCWMA7w

Did you know..Barnes Wallis carried out tests of his 'Bouncing Bomb' on a dam in the Elan Valley?
http://history.powys.org.uk/history/rhayader/dambuster2.html
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Geof9116

Count me in guys, I start a week of rest days that weekend. I will be camping because the bunkhouse would be too comfortable  :blah

threepot

:thumbsup
Quote from: Geof9116 on February 10, 2015, 01:51:01 AM
Count me in guys, I start a week of rest days that weekend. I will be camping because the bunkhouse would be too comfortable  :blah
Not too much rest I hope
95 Super111
96 Tiger

mat-tiger1

Hey there Threepot, count me in too!  :thumbsup

All booked up, @ Ty Morgan's in the town centre.  :icon_scratch: Seems to be ok!  :^_^

Should be there around mid afternoon Friday if all goes to plan!  :icon_cool:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

threepot

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on February 12, 2015, 12:00:07 AM
Hey there Threepot, count me in too!  :thumbsup

All booked up, @ Ty Morgan's in the town centre.  :icon_scratch: Seems to be ok!  :^_^

Should be there around mid afternoon Friday if all goes to plan!  :icon_cool:
On the 'new' tiger!! :thumbsup
95 Super111
96 Tiger

mat-tiger1

All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

GavD

Quote from: threepot on February 07, 2015, 09:18:20 PM
Rocket3,that rules out any green lane riding then :augie Love the R3 though :thumbsup. I'm tempted with 'bunking' myself?

On the subject of green laning, my steamer has a 3 spoke conversion, so you go ahead and plan any green laning you want to do, & me and my mate will ride round and meet ya at the other end. Wouldn't wanna interfere with your off road fun.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

threepot

Not planning any green laning,had enough picking my steamer up! :nap :icon_rolleyes:
On a more serious note,paid a visit to Rhayader today. Had lunch at the Lamb and Flag,steak and ale pie,and very nice it was too. Made some enquiries about the accommodation there,and took some pics. The bunkhouse is more like a hotel! They have a nice function room if we choose to eat there,depending on numbers obviously?
Price for bunkhouse..£24.50 EA per night,with breakfast. £20 without.
95 Super111
96 Tiger