News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Somebody call Rybes please  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

phones found. was in the fridge of all places  :?  now i jus gotta find somewhere good t take some pics  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Sin_Tiger

Must be a Nikon   :lol:  Coolpix  :wink:  oh never mind  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rybes

:lol:  very good sin  :lol:

well its finished, at last. brakes all bled up wich turned out that i never had the lever in the right postion to bleed em. wish id known that before i coulda saved 35 quid on a mater cylinder rebuild kit. so heres some pics of the bike with the new wheels. saw a blindin photo oppurtunity so i used it before i got shouted at for trespassin :lol:

wish id done this swap a lot earlier too. makes so much differnce to the bike. it handles bloody brilliantly and i cant wait to get proper used to it and as for the brakes, well what can i say apart from finally they work properly

rf9rider

Looks very nice mate, like the colour on the forks, be good to see it in the flesh.
Knew you`d be impressed with the handling.  :D
NIce arty shots too, where were they taken?

rf9rider

Never mind, i just saw Yarmouth Stadium sign in the background  :oops:

Sin_Tiger

Looks just like a bought 'un, nice setting but the Steamer should be on top of the Saab, so next time you see one :wink:

rybes

cheers blokes  :D  not to sure what i could do to it next ? itll either be a 1050 tank and front fairin or maybe 1050 wheels ? who knows what the future will hold  :lol:
my biggest fear of the black chrome ended up lookin ok in the end. which was nice. couldnt be doin with strippin em down again to get em re done. i struck lucky there i think  :D

Sin_Tiger

Don't bother, just buy a Roadie. They don't have huge support here but its a cracking motor if slightly sterile compared to the Steamer.

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Don't bother, just buy a Roadie. They don't have huge support here but its a cracking motor if slightly sterile compared to the Steamer.

What you mean sterile Sin?

Been considering a Roadie for a while as its the only other Tiger that i like the looks of  :)

Sin_Tiger

Perhaps a bit harsh, its just turbine smooth torque everywhere. No rattles and clanks that suddenly disappear to be replaced by that Exocet rush that is Iconic off the Steamer. Not a criticism really more of an observation. The 800 is a bit like that, tanking along feels like a breeze till you catch the Speedo or go into a familiar corner a bit faster than you thought you were going  :oops:

In the short time I had on the Dora, I personally felt the engine had more character. Standby for  incoming  :wink:

rybes

well after hAvin the bits stuck on me shelf, as today was a sunny day and they came of the shelf  :bug_eye only had em about 3 years so its bout time they went on really. spent 6 n arf hours scleanin it today. exhausts off even and gave em a good polish. looks luverly again. cant remeber the last time i cleaned it, must be 6 weeks or more now. anyway, heres pics and a video  :icon_cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgUSXidqVBc&feature=youtu.be

the waters because id washed it down without the exhausts on.

rf9rider

Sounds nice without the cans.

Bet your neighbours love you, being a nice peaceful bank holiday monday.  :thumbsup

rybes

i was gunna get the yella one out and see if i could play a tune with both of em  :icon_lol:

Bixxer Bob

:wave When you gonna ride that red thing over here then?  Only about 45 mins away....  :icon_lol:

I'm home most days.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...