News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

well, theres tyres on the wheels so today i thought id put it all together. that was until i found that the bushes in the forks are shot so i need newuns. so until thursday all i can do is get the mudgaurd painted. expect lots of pics too
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rybes

been busy today in the garage. rebuilt the forks up, which was just as easy as replacin fork seals and painted some bits and pieces too. now all im waitin for is the paint to harden on the mudguard so i can paint it red then hopefully weds will see it all put tgeva
now for the pics .....

here we have the forks waitin to be swapped out. after goin through lings parts bin for seals as the sprint ones didnt fit i found out that tiger seals were what was fitted. took 3 days to find that out. bastard !

decided to replace all the bushes inside too as the ones i took out were fucked. the old stanchions from the sprint legs were pitted to fuck and it done this to the bush.

built forks.

brake discs all masked up and painted

mudguard in primer. just waitin a day or two before i put the top coat on it.

painted brake cylinder and calipers.

last but not least the yokes all built up n ready t go on.

thats it for now.

rf9rider

Getting there mate.

Be interested to see what the forks look like fitted to the bike in that colour.

rybes

im curious on that too mate. i just hope i aint made a wrong choice in colours.
what damper rod did you use RF ? i used the tiger one and a rough go with the tape measure says that these new legs are 5 inches longer  :shock:  than the standard legs ? should i have used the sprint ones ?

rf9rider

I used the Trophy rods, i found the Tiger ones were too long.

rybes

dammit ! that means i gotta strip the forks down again. just as i thought i was done with them too  :cry:

rf9rider

I used all the Trophy fork internals and the Tiger original spring.

If i remember, when you put the spring in, it sticks out about an inch, although it might be different if you`re using the progressive springs, don`t know if they are longer than the originals or more tightly wound?

rybes

been busy in the garage again today. got the back wheel fitted, the forks and yokes on and then everythin stopped. turns out im missin a front wheel spacer, i need a longer speedo cable and the disc bolts i was gunna use are wrong. :rant:
heres tdays pics

rear wheel fitted in

minus the front

forks in and wheel jus laid in to get an idea

so now im waitin on a new speedo cable some disc bolts and a spcaer. fingers crossed itll be done for the weekend

Sin_Tiger

Linkin good   8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Coming along mate, wheels look good in silver.

Are you fitting the fork gaiters on? If not, i have a spare set of brand new fork seal protectors you can have, like these fitted to number one Steamer.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3029#83029

rybes

no gaiters for me so i could be intrested in those thingys ya got. do the forks need to come out to fit em ?

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"no gaiters for me so i could be intrested in those thingys ya got. do the forks need to come out to fit em ?

No mate, they fit on without the forks coming off.

PM me your address and i`ll post them if your interested.

rybes

well, its finally finished. after what seemed like a month of tryin to bleed the brakes, i sussed it. well, wernt me but nightrunner as he put me on the right track. lever still feels a bit spongey but the bike stops so ill use it for a little while and let any more air bubbles settle.
no pictures of it complete at the mo, im about to go get some. as its a sunny day ive spent the mornin cleanin the bike so ya got somthin shiney to look at  8) so pics will be along later.
 :wink:

rf9rider

Now you`ve found the keys, wheres the pics?

Don`t tell me, you`ve lost your camera?

:lol:

rybes

nah i aint lost it, i know where it is.  :P  its on me phone  :roll:  

thing is, wheres me phone  :?