News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reibers tiger rebuild

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

singapore eh ? we got another member from scotland who works over there, sin tiger.
the other wheels are so much better than the old ones. better lookin, better quality and better errrr wider ? :lol: jus dont take em apart to polish the spokes. was the worst polishin job i ever done :P was worth it tho   8)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

coachgeo

Catching up on you thread

Your hard earned shit eating grin from your YouTube vid Posted here back in Oct. just made my day.  

Job well done.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

rybes

cheers coach 8)  as for the shit eatin grin......took a week of brushin me teeth to get rid of the tatse :lol: now im just waitin to go back to england to get it. i have to stop myself watchin those clips of it, just makes me sulk :lol:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "dave NL"yet since im in singapore for work,

Next time you are here, give me a call, look in the support thread for contact details or PM me.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

dave NL

:occasion14 Will let you know! ...last time was 3 years back but ok  :lol:
Getting the tiger back on the road.

rybes

well, tis time to get these 3 spokes fitted i think. they been sat here long enough now.
had a play with the top yoke yesterday and just managed to find enough clearnace usin swept back risers. its tight but theres clearance.

the risers im usin look like this

once i was happy with the fit of the top yoke i took a hacksaw and grinder to it to take off those lil sticky outy bits. it now looks like this

so thats stage one sorry if the pics are big but when they were small ya jus couldnt see em well enough to see the clearance. now i jus have to go to the powder coaters n drop it all off
 :D

GavD

So what are you doing with yer spoke rims Rybes, would be interested in em if ya wanted to shift em on.
Any chance of first refusal?

Gav
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rf9rider

Nice to see the yoke fitted mate.
About time you got your finger out........... :lol:

rybes

sorry Gav mate. im keepin the wheels for when i do me long trips dual sport tyres last longer  :wink:

Rf i was not aware my finger had got itself wedged  :lol:

rybes

things are at the powder coaters. gunna be 2 weeks tho  :(  

so im off to denmark for a week  :D

rf9rider

So you and the Tiger are back in the UK?

You got any gypsy blood?  :lol:

rybes

yes mate were both over here. had to come back to find a job for a little while. fingers crossed i may have found one for when i get back  :wink:

rybes

well, yesterday saw me goin to the powder coaters to go get me bits for me 3 spoke conversion  :D  ill take some pics later and post em up. might even have a play and put bits on to see how they look.

rybes

well heres a pic of me bits i got done

had the fork bottoms done in a black chrome finish. not to sure if ive made the right choice. didnt wanna do it the same colour as the ones on there as thats the same colour as the wheels n i thought itd look odd ?

spose i wont know till ive got it all fitted tgeva. the only other colour i could think of doin em was in the same wrinkled finish as the frame n swingarm but didnt fancy cleanin those.

rf9rider

Looking good mate.
Be interesting to see how the fork legs look in that colour all fitted together