News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 UK Meet Planning Part 3 - Route discussion. Location: Haggs Bank Bunkhouse

Started by Bixxer Bob, February 15, 2016, 01:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: JayDub on March 18, 2016, 03:48:19 PM
I just received a paypal request for two nights and breakfast... so they are up for it then.
Now I'm booked and paid too! - roll on Summer :XXsunsmile

Yep, they accepted my payment for Breaky as well.
Hi Howard,

Thank you! Just to confirm we have received your payment of £28 and your booking for 1 adult for 2 nights camping arriving on 1st July and 2 cooked breakfasts is now confirmed and paid in full.

Kind regards

Danny and Cathy
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

mat-tiger1

Are there any plans to do any off-road routes over the weekend?  :m
Should I change Tigger' s boots for the occasion?  :^_^  :icon_scratch:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

mat-tiger1

Hi all, anyone up for this over the meet weekend?  :wheel

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/news/1341-ride-this-road-grasshill-causeway.html

Or, if you you don't want to get the bike dirty how about this?  :m

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/news/1153-the-abr-guide-to-the-highest-passes-in-england.html

Or this? (Not far from where we're staying!)  :^_^

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/news/1104-abrs-weekend-ride-crossing-the-pennines-on-the-a686.html

What do you think? Just suggestions. :augie  And of course i'll defer to GeoffW as the expert!  :notworthy
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Bixxer Bob

Just had an email from Danny saying breakfast is pay as he cooks????

He also asked for numbers; I told him Howie is organising it but it looks like around ten peeps.

I added my name to the breakfast list Howie.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

With all this talk about breakfast, don't forget to get some riding in, chaps. :icon_lol:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

GavD

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

blacktiger

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on April 02, 2016, 07:41:09 PM
Are there any plans to do any off-road routes over the weekend?  :m
Should I change Tigger' s boots for the occasion?  :^_^  :icon_scratch:

Change 'em anyway Mat. Mitas E07 rear with a Mefo Explorer front and then you won't have to worry what we do.
10000 miles out of the pair. I use 'em all the time. They suit the XC because they're Grrreeeeeaaaaatttt!  :qgaraduate

Geoff W

Not planning any off road sections, mainly because I am crap at off road bits! There will be roads with grass up the middle, so feel free to ride on the grass. There will be pot holes big enough to fit a coffin in and lots of narrow twisty steep bits. I am off to look at a couple of fords tomorrow, to see how approachable they are, the local council closed the most used one a few years ago after too many people got stuck in it. That is for the Friday afternoon trip. Saturday will be wider ranging with fast and narrow bits. If people have something they want to see or ride to let me know and I will see what I can do. The Military Road on Hadrian's wall is already lined up for Saturday as well as the Roller Coaster section of the A 68.
If people want to do the Lindisfarne Causeway let me know , but I will have to check the tide tables nearer the day, and it is off the route for the Pennine roads, but quite do-able.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Geoff W

Had a ride up to Haggs bank bunkhouse today. We have a room to ourselves which has 9 bunk beds (3x3). Camping areas are available for the tent minded people, as are hook ups for camper vans. The bunkhouse has showers washer, drier, kitchen etc. Danny will do breakfast for Saturday and Sunday morning. There is another large group at the same time, a group of potholers,
so there will be a marquee put up and Danny will buy in  some beer, and we can take our own. If we want he will drive us to Nenthead for a pint at the Miner's Arms, but if we want to eat three all together, it is better to book, he advises that the pub at Garigill is very good for food and ale, and he will take us there if we want for the cost of his diesel, but again book if we want to eat en-masse.
He has a barbecue( disposable) available for Friday night and a fire pit, if we want to cook outdoors.
The fords are ... . ...fordable, although one is a bit slimy, the council have filled the coffin like potholes, although the roads can be covered with loose gravel and the like.
Did a nice swerve today to avoid a family of ducks off for their first swim in the burn, no road sense but unbelievably cute.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

mat-tiger1

Quote from: Geoff W on May 18, 2016, 08:26:07 PM
there will be a marquee put up and Danny will buy in  some beer, and we can take our own. If we want he will drive us to Nenthead for a pint at the Miner's Arms, but if we want to eat three all together, it is better to book, he advises that the pub at Garigill is very good for food and ale, and he will take us there if we want for the cost of his diesel, but again book if we want to eat en-masse.

He has a barbecue( disposable) available for Friday night and a fire pit, if we want to cook outdoors.

Great work Geoff!  :thumbsup
Beer options with barbecue & Fire pit choices - What could possibly go wrong?  :icon_rolleyes:  :*&*

John Stenhouse

Quote from: mat-tiger1 on May 19, 2016, 05:06:07 PM
Great work Geoff!  :thumbsup
Beer options with barbecue & Fire pit choices - What could possibly go wrong?  :icon_rolleyes:  :*&*

With us there..............you need to ask?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting