News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 UK Meet Planning Part 3 - Route discussion. Location: Haggs Bank Bunkhouse

Started by Bixxer Bob, February 15, 2016, 01:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

nickjtc

Assuming you chaps have booked up all of the accommodation on site (by the time I know if I can come), how much non-camping accommodation is there in the vicinity? Wouldn't be able to bring the tent and sleeping bag from over here....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

Bixxer Bob

Everyone needs to do their own booking, it's too much faff for one person to gather all the names, sort the payments etc etc and while that's going on we're wasting time, especially if you want a bunk.  Get cracking lads  :nod

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

I have just sent a bunkhouse bed request to Haggsbank. I'm getting the earplugs ready now.  :icon_frown:

Has anyone heard back from them yet?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

GavD

You can book direct from their website. On the home page use the 'Check Availability' function and it takes you to a booking page
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

John Stenhouse

They don't seem to like giving your money back after they have it, cancellations charged at full price.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Geoff W

For those riding upon Friday, I suggest we meet at Mainsgill farm shop on A 66, it is 4 miles west of Scotch Corner, on the left if travelling East to West, they have a nice cafe and good food, and camels. Although the car park is gravel it is level. People traveling the furthest can suggest the best time to meet up, but early to mid afternoon will work best.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

I baggage the bottom bunk, there's no chance of me getting up to the third bunk with my knees  :nap
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

PeteH

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

JayDub

Being realistic... I'll go for a mid afternoon meet up - one has to know ones limitations :sleepy1

I emailed Haggs bank and had this reply:

QuoteHi John

Thank you for your enquiry we have availability for the dates you require we also might have a bike event on that weekend , you can leave the bike nr tents we just ask for the to be parked on the hard standings , Can i ring you or you ring me to discuss the bookings im on 07919092403

Many thanks Danny and Cathy

Could get busy - Who else is planning to camp? If you let me know then I'll give them a ring and make a booking.

Sin_Tiger

It's possible the "bike" event they're talking about is us, rather than a cycle event.

Early afternoon on the A66 sounds good, if I'm early Geoff can give my eyes a check over  :icon_cool:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Geoff W

Had a reply from Haggs bank asking if we want a barbecue/ fire pit to play with. Not sure if we can be trusted with hot/sharp things, but a barbie on Friday or Saturday may be an idea if one or two of us can be relied upon to stay even vaguely sober.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

blacktiger

Quote from: GavD on March 02, 2016, 07:16:54 PM
You can book direct from their website. On the home page use the 'Check Availability' function and it takes you to a booking page

I'm getting no availability for bunks on July 1 &2.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

PeteH

I booked last night and took the last bunk in a room, two other rooms said 9 in each available, might be best to give them a bell
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour