News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2016 UK Meet Planning Part 3 - Route discussion. Location: Haggs Bank Bunkhouse

Started by Bixxer Bob, February 15, 2016, 01:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

On it! I'll let you know tomorrow, just bought Morocco on Garmin, £75  :icon_eek:,
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bigfeesh

Fantastic riding all around that region, down past keilder Dam into Haggisland, then loop back round to Bellingham, two or three bars in ze willage, good cafe at Falstone for brekky or lunch, one little spoiler though. MIDGES!!!  :icon_evil: been known to skin a Cockney to the bone in minutes! Take some Avon "skin so soft" the local Rangers get it free issued! Everything else just attracts them! If you kill one midge there will be 1000 that come to its funeral! Awful pointless beasts that I take great delight in killing with the front fairing as I spin along! Otherwise you are all welcome but just dont tell anyone about this region please, I likes it quiet ye see  :thumbsup.
         I'm not confirmed with my dates just yet but would be coming along if I can.
Tiptop

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: John Stenhouse on February 28, 2016, 11:12:22 PM
On it! I'll let you know tomorrow, just bought Morocco on Garmin, £75  :icon_eek:,

What for?  There's only one main road in Morroco, one big circuit of the country.  Did a history tour about ten years go and had a great time.  Would love to ride the Atlas mountains but it won't be this year....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

nickjtc

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on February 29, 2016, 01:38:09 PM
What for?  There's only one main road in Morroco, one big circuit of the country.  Did a history tour about ten years go and had a great time.  Would love to ride the Atlas mountains but it won't be this year....

Don't forget the US/Canada........ more than one road, y' know  :icon_wink:
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

GavD

Tried booking Demense, nothing available. Brownrigg lodges nothing available.

Can't see the lodge option on the Camping and Caravanning site. Can't find many other options in Bellingham itself. Anybody else tracked anything down?

EDIT
I've found a couple of other options within Bellingham and a couple of others a mile or 2 away. Are we definitely going to be based there? Is everyone else booked?  If not, we might possibly struggle to find enough room for the non-campers. It would not bother me camping, but Al & Rich like their creature comforts a bit more.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Bixxer Bob

Demense told me they have pod slots at the weekend but not during the week??

Bottom left column:

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/northumberland/hexham/bellingham

I've not booked anything yet, but I just need  a motorhome slot.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

GavD

Demense told me they could do Fri & Sun, but not Sat.

Looked again at the camping site, the pods don't have the comfort level expected by Al & Rich (apparently you have to bring a mat/sleeping bag etc).

If we're definitely settled on Bellingham I'll get one of our other options booked up. 

Def Bellingham???
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Bigfeesh

Further south in Kirby Stephen you have a well reccomended bike friendly site http://takodacamping.webs.com/, they have been well written up on the HUBB, also http://haggsbank.com/, they run bike events!
          Do not use the Kielder Village Campsite unless wearing a full coverage body suit, Midge heaven up there! You will not be able to leave your tent unless there is a howling gale blowing, you have been warned! There are a few bunkhouses on the road out of Bellingham, also a small campsite near Corbridge which seems popular as I pass it often, http://www.wellhousefarm.co.uk/, needs only a short taxi ride to a marvelous village of Corbridge, my favourite boosing location! Right on the edge of Hadrians Wall and middle of some marvelous riding roads.  :wheel plenty of digs there too, the Golden Lion has just been re vamped, posh and cheap food joints, Indians and Chinese, you know it makes sense!
Tiptop

Bixxer Bob

Geoff has come back with Haggs Bank.  Reckons they have plenty of bunkhouse space at the moment, the campsite looks good and they take motorhomes.

Given that a lot of folks want bunkhouse rather than tents, those that camp don't care and I can park the van, Haggs Bank looks a better bet.  Hopefully none of you will have pulled the trigger yet.

Apologies for effing around, but Geoff came through in the end.  Lets go firm on Haggs Bank.  There will be no more changes  :nono (well, not from me anyway).... :icon_rolleyes: Haggs Bank it is.  :thumbsup

Bigfeesh

I have just checked out their programme, get a look at this; http://haggsbank.com/events/haggs-march-moto-madness-uk-1st-3rd-april-2016/
               Slightly motorcycle biased if you ask me! :bowdown I met the owner a few years ago, seemed good crack, if you read up on the events they run, you cannot go wrong!  :thumbsup
                Take your time up and around the Hartside Cafe "on any sunday" tho, cops & nutters drift up from east and west of the Pennines for the afternoon activities!  :wheel
Tiptop

Sin_Tiger

OK we don't have a poll on this but count me in for a bunk, Fri, Sat, Sun.

Are we going to do a group booking or everyone book for themselves?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

PeteH

Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Geoff W

I have sent them an e mail explaining that a group from tiger triple want to book for weekend 1-3rd July, and that people will book individually. I have not had a reply yet.
I suggest booking individually as i am away in Italy next week, and will not be able to get up there until the week after. The bunkhouse is just off the C2C cycle route, so books up in summer. I suggest we eat/drink down the road in Nenthead, the Miner's Arms is very good, however it is right on the C2C route, we will need to book for food. They do very good boutique/romantic style accommodation for those who are that way inclined.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JayDub

I'll be camping in a field of wild flowers  :nod

Is anyone else camping? ...or will I be Billy no mates?