News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noddyhd

Cracking looking build... which dealer did you use to get the fuel tap? I've had a look, but a lot want stupid money or will not ship to us..... ta.
\'98 Steamer in BRG.
\'81 HD Wideglide.
\'85 HD Wideglide.
\'74 GT750 \'Kettle\'

rf9rider

Quote from: "Noddyhd"Cracking looking build... which dealer did you use to get the fuel tap? I've had a look, but a lot want stupid money or will not ship to us..... ta.

I`ve bought 2 now, from the USA, arrived in 5 days!

I got them both from here mate,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0272438356

rf9rider

Not a lot to report, as spent most of the weekend working on my truck, un-seizing a brake caliper, not fun in this freezing weather  :cry:

Anyhow, parts arrived, carb rubbers and clips, new plugs, new diaphragm and o-ring, and some new exhaust clamps as the original Venom ones seem to made from cheese  :roll:

rf9rider

Gave the carbs another clean, fitted the new diaphragm and o-ring, and replaced the floatbowl and carb top screws for stainless cap heads.

Forgot to order another vacuum cap and clip, as this is where the Scottoiler connected, now removed and sold on  :roll:

Although i`ll get by with a bleed nipple rubber until i get a new one ordered.

Waiting for parts again  :lol:

rf9rider

Fitted the new carb rubbers, vacuum cap and diaphragm, all back together, runs a little better, but still not right  :(

Runs ok with choke on, but bogs down with choke off with a little throttle, runs a little better with both snorkels covered  :?

So ordered  more parts, complete seal kit for the carbs.

Guess what i`m doing tomorrow?   :lol:

Mustang

Quote from: "rf9rider"all back together, runs a little better, but still not right  :(

Runs ok with choke on, but bogs down with choke off with a little throttle, runs a little better with both snorkels covered  :?

So ordered  more parts, complete seal kit for the carbs.

Guess what i`m doing tomorrow?   :lol:
cleaning the pilot jet circuit and pouring sea foam gas treatment in the tank is what I'd be doing ................................

oh look they even show a tigger in the background  :D

rf9rider

Yup, cleaned the carbs twice already, guess i missed something.
Don`t think we can get seafoam in the UK, although i`ll try some Redex in the tank.
Funny thing is, it ran fine before i started work on it, all i`ve done around the carbs is remove the Scottoiler vacuum pipe, then it stood for a couple of weeks before i started it again.  :?

And your links broken :)

Mustang

Quote from: "rf9rider"And your links broken :)
look again  :wink:

rf9rider

Quote from: "Mustang"

I did, i`m still getting the broken link icon?

rf9rider

Quote from: "rf9rider"
Quote from: "Mustang"

I did, i`m still getting the broken link icon?

All i`m getting is this after right click;

webBikeWorld Page Not Found!

Our Apologies!

The page you are looking for can't be found.

Try the webBikeWorld search box above and enjoy the ride!

Mustang

it's just a pic of a can of sea foam .................

try this it's got the whole article and pic

http://www.webbikeworld.com/sea-foam/

rf9rider

Quote from: "Mustang"it's just a pic of a can of sea foam .................

try this it's got the whole article and pic

http://www.webbikeworld.com/sea-foam/

Thanks Mustang, i`ll see if anyone will ship to the UK.

Mustang

it works great , I just dumped 1/3 of a can in tigger three two days ago ........bike started and would idle eventually but I knew one or more carbs wasn't right .

Dumped in some sea foam took er for a 30 mile run and presto chango
hello kitty , smooth as a babys bottom .

tigger three had only been laid up for december and january , it doesnt take our crap ethanol blended gas stateside very long to gum up the pilot jets .

the sea foam keeps me from pulling carbs on all the tiggers every year .
sometimes it takes two or three days for em to come around , but it does work .